Greasy Fork is available in English.

WaniKani Katakana Madness

Transforms everything related to on'yomi into katakana

< Feedback on WaniKani Katakana Madness

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 23.07.2021.

I'm experiencing a new bug on WK that seems to be caused by the script. (I had no problems using it prior to 2021-07-23.) During a lesson quiz, this was causing WK to mark all correct answers as wrong. After clearing my browser data and reconnecting, this changed to spitting me out of the quiz and back to the lesson on every answer. Disabling the script restored my WK functionality.

§
Posted: 31.07.2021.

I'm experiencing the same issue...

§
Posted: 07.09.2021.

Confirming I'm experiencing this as well. I've experienced both the 'mark everything wrong' and 'bounce back to the lesson' behaviors (can't remember if it was the same computer or two different computers, unfortunately). Works fine during reviews.

§
Posted: 20.09.2021.

Can confirm am also seeing the same behavior in lessons.

§
Posted: 06.10.2021.

Same here. Is this script still being maintained? Would be shame if I couldn't use it but it's making wanikani unusable right now.

§
Posted: 05.02.2023.

To anyone else experiencing this issue there's an easy fix that doesn't involve disabling the extension entirely.

1. On the WK homepage, go to extensions, click on Tampermonkey and you should see Wanikani Katakana Madness.
2. Click on the arrow next to Katakana Madness and then select Edit.
3. Up the top of the code window, there should be two tabs, Editor and Settings. Select Settings.
4. Under User Excludes, add https://www.wanikani.com/lesson/*

This will stop the extension from running in the lessons section, but will enable it to continue running during reviews.

Sign in to post a reply.