Greasy Fork is available in English.

Nexus Download Collection

Download every mods of a collection in a single click

< Commentaires sur Nexus Download Collection

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 20/04/2024

Hi, I started downloading a fallout 4 collection, a total of 714 mods. Now i let it download over night and day since its about 120GB total, but i ran into the IP blocked problem, however no big deal, got a VPN and i can fix that. The problem is fairly worse. Nexusmods (website) says i have downloaded all the 700+ mods, but about 40% of those, have been blocked by the IP problem. Now i cant find a way to only queue the download of the mods I am missing, any ideas?

DrigtimeAuteur
§

Hi,

Is there still IP banning even with a delay? Man, that's disappointing, I thought it would resolve the issue...

Regarding the second problem, normally at the end of the downloads, it will list all the mods it couldn't download. However, if you've reloaded the page since then, you won't have that list anymore.

You could restart downloading everything, and Vortex will start prompting you for each mod already downloaded, asking "do you want to replace the mod?" Just say no, and it won't re-download it. So, at the end, it will only download what it hasn't already.
BUT, of course, you might encounter that IP ban during the process...

If you know that it's approximately 40%, you could restart the download at index 429 because it would be the mods at the end of the collection that would have been missed.

§

I am now clean re-downloading everything again behind a VPN. Maybe bump the 5 seconds wait to 6?

§

Now the issue seems to be something else, cloudflare bot protection :(

DrigtimeAuteur
§
Posté le: 21/04/2024

Yeah they may have increased their security measures, I've seen it to in my tests today...

I've just updated the script to detect when Cloudflare protection is blocking the request, which will cause the script to stop. A logged message will indicate what is happening, and a link to a Nexusmod page will be provided. This link will take you to a Cloudflare page where you can solve the captcha. Once you've completed the captcha, simply return to the collection tab and resume the download.

§
Posté le: 21/04/2024

Overall it seems to work. Now the cloudflare issue is getting more intense, i get a block about every 20 mods downloaded

DrigtimeAuteur
§
Posté le: 22/04/2024

That sucks...
I feel like the pause system is useless. During my tests, I could get the links of the 735 mods without any issues if I set the pause at 0.
However, with the pause, Cloudflare would often ask me to complete a captcha, as you said. My guess is that they reduce the lifetime of the authorization that Cloudflare generates when we complete the captcha. Therefore, with a pause, we reach the end of the authorization's lifetime before we finish downloading everything.
I might change the pause system or get rid of it completely in the near future.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.