YouTube Prevent Playlist Autoplay

Allows the user to toggle autoplaying to the next video once the current video ends. Stores the setting locally.

< Commentaires sur YouTube Prevent Playlist Autoplay

Question / commentaire

§
Posté le: 2022-02-07

Has YouTube done something to break user scripts? I have a couple of other user scripts for YouTube that all stopped working too. I use Tampermonkey, but I tried switching to Violentmonkey to see if Tampermonkey was the problem and it didn't work either. Other scripts for other sites still work, it's just scripts for YouTube. It can't be a coincidence that all scripts for YouTube stopped working.

§
Posté le: 2022-02-13

It appears YouTube's developers reduced the occasions certain events fire in the background. My script was listening for these events to know when to add the toggle button into the page, so the toggle wasn't appearing. The actual code for preventing/controlling autoplay was still functioning.

I've been testing various events to see if any still apply in the correct scenarios, but so far I've found nothing. For now, I'm applying one event that will at least make the toggle appear on first load. I'm uncertain when I will have time to look into this further, but hopefully by then solutions to this issue will be circulating when I do.

§
Posté le: 2022-02-18

The toggle button should now become and remain visible within the main playlist sidebar, though I have yet to determine a consistent way to keep it visible within the miniplayer. For now at least, if you have the miniplayer playlist visible and navigate without causing it to close, the toggle will appear.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.