Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube - Fix channel links in sidebar recommendations

Fixes the channel links for the "Up next" and recommended videos below it on youtube.

< Commentaires sur Youtube - Fix channel links in sidebar recommendations

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 2021-01-28

Useful and needed script.. however

Is it possible to make it so that it works like a normal link? There is currently no way to open in new background tab.

And typically I'd right click and open in new tab instead of middle click. It works, but it's not perfect. I just wonder why you cant make it like a normal link.

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 2021-01-29
Useful and needed script.. however

Is it possible to make it so that it works like a normal link? There is currently no way to open in new background tab.

And typically I'd right click and open in new tab instead of middle click. It works, but it's not perfect. I just wonder why you cant make it like a normal link.

Fixed.

§
Posté le: 2021-01-29

literally nothing's changed

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 2021-01-30

Well that's "literally" not true.

Are you using the middle mouse button? That should now open the new tabs in the background if that's how your browser is set up. (at least Firefox and Chrome are by default)
I won't go too deep into it, but making it work reliably with the right click thing is not a trivial thing. I might look into it, but it doesn't seem that important as the middle mouse button works as it's supposed to now.

If you are using the middle mouse button, but it's still not working... Are you using anything other than Tampermonkey to run the script?
The new method is using a Tampermonkey specific function that might or might not work with other userscript extensions. I haven't checked, since Tampermonkey is pretty much the standard.

§
Édité le: 2021-01-30

Using middle mouse click doesn't open the new tab in background unfortunately, and I suppose that's bcs of using Violent Monkey, not Tampermonkey as you said.

§

Just removed this script from Violent Monkey, and installed it to Tamper Monkey and it works as intended with middle click.

I guess I'll use both add-ons, in case other scripts don't fully work for violent monkey as well.

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 2021-01-31

I actually tried for a little bit to get it to work with just JS before resorting to the Tampermonkey method, but it's surprisingly difficult because standard JS ways of opening a new tab force it to take focus and simulating a middle mouse button click to get around that is another kind of nightmare...

Unless you have a reason to use Violentmonkey, I'd recommend just switching fully over to Tampermonkey tbh.

§
Posté le: 2021-01-31
Édité le: 2021-01-31

Yeah, I agree, I regret using violent monkey.. that's what I used getting into java scripts, but unfortunately now I've got 46 scripts installed in violent monkey and I don't know of any practical way of transferring them all, I'd have to copy-paste each script, and I cant be bothered to do that now.

I also installed dark theme for Violent Monkey via Shadowfox(&), so it's not too bad. Goes together with uBlock Origin that I use. I actually prefer Violent Script in some ways.

But I guess now on, any new scripts, I'll be installing them to Temper Monkey if they fail to work in Violent Monkey.

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 2024-01-16

Due to a change in how the script gets the channel url, the channel links are now proper links with all the features of a normal link.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.