Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Commentaires sur Youtube HD

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 2023-10-20

Quick review:

Just thought I'd give a quick review after the latest update to this script for supporting "1080p Premium", which caused me a small issue (even though I don't subscribe to Premium) but was quickly resolved by the developer.

This is the only addon or userscript I've found that actually reliably sets the resolution/quality of YouTube videos to the explicit maximum instead of reverting to using the "Auto" setting.

I never want the video quality to be displayed at more than 1080p60, and if that quality is available, this userscript explicitly sets it to that value. If it is not available, then it sets it to the next highest resolution available. It NEVER uses the "Auto" quality selection (which I've found is what most other tools of this type tend to do for some reason).

The "Auto" setting is never desired (at least by me) since based on various factors, it might initially display the video at a much lower bitrate/resolution until it finally determines that you are on broadband with a powerful computer. Watching the first seconds of a video with a very low quality is annoying, and sometimes it even does that for much longer than would be expected (even for the entire video in some circumstances). In some cases you don't know it is doing it, because you think that the source video might actually be low quality and you assume that's as good as it gets (and you don't want to bother looking at the quality settings menu every time). Well, with this userscript you no longer have to watch poor quality versions of videos that have higher quality versions, as this script will always make sure you are viewing the highest quality version (up to your specified maximum quality setting), it has never failed.

adisibAuteur
§
Posté le: 2023-10-20

Thank you for the kind feedback

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.