Feedly - Mark Previous As Read

Adds a button to Feedly that marks items above the current item "as read".

< Feedback on Feedly - Mark Previous As Read

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 23.4.2016
Edited: 26.11.2016

How can I modify the script to allow Mark Next As Read

When I saw the title of the script, I was very excited about the possibility to mark previous article as read. But it seems that I havn't the same definition of "Previous".
For me previous means older and not newer. So, when I tried the script and I saw that when I click on "Mark Previous As Read", the titles newer than the selected title are marked as read, I was a little bit disapointed.
I tried to read the script and to see what to change to change that point, I didn't succeed (I am not an expert at all).
So I wanted to know if you can indicate me (and other people who want to use the script as me) which lines we have to change to allow to mark older entries (than the selected title) as read.
Thank you

§
Posted: 16.5.2016

The script does allow you to mark as read older titles (which is exactly how I use it). If you read the Author's Description section on the main page for this script, you will see that it says: "this functionality is intended for users who read their feeds top-to-bottom, sorted oldest-to-newest."

That means it is intended to be used on feeds that have the older items at the top, not the bottom. To set this up for a feed, click on the gear icon and select "Oldest First". (You only have to do this once per feed. The setting is remembered.)

§
Posted: 11.6.2016

Thank you very much. You made my day :)

Sign in to post a reply.