MTurk HIT DataBase Legacy

Extended ability to search HITs you have worked on and other useful tools (CSV export/import, requester notes, requester block, pending/projected earnings)

< Feedback on MTurk HIT DataBase Legacy

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015/07/13

Help! I messed up my database.

I hope you can advise. Here is what happened. When I loaded MTurk this morning,I got the message from HDB that I needed to run that patch fix that I did in June. I figured that it was because I had deleted my cookies over the weekend and ignored it. However, when I updated my database, I noticed that things were odd. I looked closer and saw that I had lost everything over 45 days old. I exported my database and went to an old export and added in the older hits. I then deleted the extraineous data because it was from before the format change. I imported that and was informed that there was 1 error. I checked and found that the old hits are there, at least but the date format was wonky. Now, every time I update, I get errors. What should I do? I have a backup from 6/2, one from 6/3 and the one from today, which is missing everything from before 6/10. Is there a way to restore my database? Or will I have to take the loss of my first month?

§
Posted: 2015/07/13

It stopped giving errors, I don't know what to think. Can I trust my database or not?

TjololoAuthor
§
Posted: 2015/07/21

If you have a backup, check out my videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1FPfBOhG9M That should show you how to properly import, and there should be an annotation on there that links to a manually fix method to fix the issues that occurred back in June.

Clearing your data will delete all of your hitDB, I don't recommend doing that unless you have a backup. Cookies will not, but most of the time when you clear cookies you delete data as well, so that's where all your hits went.

Sign in to post a reply.