Neverwinter gateway - Professions Robot

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Professions Robot

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-05-19

Too many features?

What is the point of workers, tools, prof levels, slots. I think only a small number of people would want it. When would someone with all level 25s in leadership care about the other professions? To me it seems to add bloat to the script. Just my opinion.

§
Edited: 2015-05-19

Assume that you create a new character.
You want to level 3 professions to lvl 20. Where are your purple workers?
You want to make rank 3 task. Where are your purple assets?
With these tabs answer is easy...

Almost everyone with lvl 25 in leadership should care about Alchemy, because he/she probably needs Elemental Units :D

§

So if you have 1 set of purple assets why does each character need a list of 0's to indicate no purples and 1 character with them. I'm just saying it takes a lot of space that could be condensed. Like only list character that have purples/blues and ignore ones that do not.

Why would leadership need elemental units? Unless you want to make unified elements then you have to deal with selling them.

§
Edited: 2015-05-19

dupe

§
Posted: 2015-05-25

@zalex111 looking at the big picture here - how is adding new features to the script a bad thing? You named it 'bloat' but even if it's useful for 1 person then it's been worth the work. In any case it doesn't slow down the job even if you're using only 10% of it's config settings ;-).

§
Posted: 2015-05-28
Edited: 2015-05-28

If you now level 5 new alts, and want to open slots, you have 1 set of tools, where are they ?
You want to level a second / third profession for the additional slot, again where are the workers, what progress they are making and what alts actually doing what profession now?

You want to re-balance your green/blue workers for maximal AD income, do you have an overview.

"When would someone with all level 25s in leadership care about the other professions?"
There is a way to get all 25 with all slots open instantly ?

Things don't get added by a whim, but by request or by need.

What bloat ? Computationally the calculations are bound by maximal numbers and insignificant compared the dom traversal the browser does constantly.
Visually? Feel free to add a script option to enable and disable the offending tabs.
Pull requests are welcome.

You can find here:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7061-neverwinter-gateway-profession-automation
A much less 'bloated' version.

§
Posted: 2015-05-29

too bad you can't move the tools/crafters around within the script/gateway so you can use them to unlock more slots :)

Sign in to post a reply.