Resize YT To Window Size

Moves the YouTube video to the top of the website and fill the window with the video player.

< Feedback on Resize YT To Window Size

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-04-05

Small bug on return url

I had to edit line 159 and remove "share" from that...
return url.match(/https?:\/\/(www\.)?youtube.com\/(watch)\?/);

Firefox was freezing once and sometime twice for about 5sec-10sec when starting a video.

The thought hit my to look in the script, as every time when hitting youtube url that has "share" in its link it was crashing firefox for the past year, so when I saw that in the return url segment I simply removed it. It is not needed to watch the video as it is viewable in the watch-page.

Works good for me now.

Thx ;)

ZrenAuthor
§

https://github.com/Zren/ResizeYoutubePlayerToWindowSize/commit/05c1e58cdc2834feffc798eef821fd50e7acd167

I added that line Feb 12

So it's only been around a few months. I honestly don't see how a regex conditional could cause such a slowdown. Are you using the Material User Interface (the new design)?

§

Maybe it interfered with other scripts/addons. I don't know why I wrote "past year" upthere (writing and talking at the same time) It should read "past month".

I use html5 if that's what you mean. Flash began to act even worst. I can't say if it was because of the regex. I only thought it because of firefox update etc...

But yeah, videos plays rightaway now since I remove that part of the line (?!)

I could re-instate it to see if it goes back to bugging...

Thx

ZrenAuthor
§

It would be very helpful if you could test if adding that bit back reproduces the problem.

§

Re-instated....

I've been at it (youtube) for 1hr and can't seem to reproduce or having any bug (?!!!)

Could have I cleaned some junk in the sqlite file simply by doing what I have done?
I do not see anything else than that (!?!!)

I've had some other bug than that a couple yrs back (the script was not even working anymore) where in the end, after many uninstall/install close firefox restart firefox unistall firefox etc.... I had to un-install the script, shut down PC etc. And install the script for it to work. I have an "sqlite" cleaner, but can't remember where it is anymore (in my junk pile etc) It work great for my stylish-sqlite file some 4yrs ago (300MB file btw) Maybe I should find it and use it at least any 6months.

edit: as I was to post....
forget it...
......while babbling about previous bugs (2hrs later), it just started again....

I'll have to get back to you on this

ZrenAuthor
§

Sorry to have open the can of worms that drove you crazy. Hope you eventually figure it out mate.

§
Posted: 2017-04-06

There's a can of worms alright. But it is not your doing. I only believed I had solved something and share it.
The whole thing though tends to confirm my first though... there has to be some new algorithms, again, (robots/ads) that tries to pin-point my viewing. And when it can't, it starts to make my viewing kind of clunky.

Heck, it might even be the DNS acting weird ;)

Thx

§
Posted: 2017-04-08

I'll have to give this some other trials. But I've reverted to my script-mod, and realized in the run that my dns was giving me problem (too many scare-tactics about vpn etc got me to look if any dns those vpn use are any good at first.... but I don't care anymore. I'm simply having an eye open on them claims etc...)
So, opendns gives me this bug. Yandex is going fine, but I'm trying one that did not perform well before (dns advantage) and for now it's ok.... and there's google dns etc ect....

So the problem was not on your script but on my end. It sprung out just as I was updating everything and what not ....

You might ask "WTF don't you let your ISP chose your dns and what for are you switching from one to etc?"
To put it simply, just faster bandwidth from time to time. Also, some website do not open unless changing dns ;)

And, if it is not just that, meaning dns etc, then my cane of worn is a bucket instead :D

Thx

§
Posted: 2017-04-17

....if you can read these (I can't)...

ZrenAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-04-17

Not really. They've been minimized, which a side affect is obfuscation... Why do you need to read them. I've only debugged them when trying to fix the progress bar width.

§
Posted: 2017-04-21

Hi,
Well I thought that might help. Meanwhile, I'm learning (trying to get the habit) of never click-open a youtube-video from its side-pan: I would either drag/slide it into the address-bar, or open it from context-menu in its current tab/new-tab, or middle-click to open in new-tab.
Whenever I directly click on a video-link from the watch-page, it will bug for several seconds, play 3sec, and bug again for another 5sec before finally play. So I guess it is some youtube tracking algorithm that are making things a hell (as always)

I don't really have anything other or of more relevance to had in this thread. So, unless you or anyone else reading this can add anything more, this can be closed (not solved though, but closed) ;)

Thx

§
Posted: 2017-04-23

and all this time, you never told me you did update the script last week LOL ;)

Everything works fine now

Thank You :D

ZrenAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-04-23

Oh that was the bug? Shit that does sound like it... Uhg sorry.

Sign in to post a reply.