Restore YouTube Username from Handle to Custom

To restore YouTube Username to the traditional custom name

< Feedback on Restore YouTube Username from Handle to Custom

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024-07-20
Edited: 2024-07-20

1. Some replies are still not being shown correctly (I think it started a few days after the last update).
2. If I remember correctly the converted usernames shouldn't contain @ before the username?

Most replies now have @ before the username and just some have only the username.

Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnky_USPFzs
Example showing both issues in the attached image.

I'm reffering to @YAWA SKITS and @yawaskits where both should be YAWA SKITS.

§
Posted: 2024-07-21
Edited: 2024-07-21

This are the original comments:

For this case,

1 . Some replies are still not being shown correctly (I think it started a few days after the last update).

I don't know why some people tags the users with hyperlink but some without. I think it was the mistake when they typed the comments.

This script would not convert the text without hyperlink.

If this is the new bug due to YouTube's own update, this should be fixed within a week.

2 . If I remember correctly the converted usernames shouldn't contain @ before the username?

For the mention feature, it is with the "@". This is the same as the old username. "@YAWA SKITS" is correct.

So the script is working normally.

1. I'm still looking into this, as I've found some replies that are not being converted but don't know why ATM.

2. I've mentioned this because at some point (don't know exactly wich version) that's how the script converted the replies, I have some saved pages that don't have the @ at the beggining of the reply (but they have a white space instead), probably because of a temporary bug/error or some in-between changes of YouTube.

Thanks for looking into it,
Have a great day!

Sign in to post a reply.