Remove Youtube Propaganda

Tries to remove any banner and other dismissibles that are plain annoying (or straight up propaganda).

< Feedback on Remove Youtube Propaganda

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-03-26

Hello,

It's possible to have an example to know what your script is really removing on YouTube please ?
Because, I feel like I'm wrong about what your script removes and I want to be sure...

Thank you for your answer.

DwyrielAuthor
§

Hey, just posted an image on the info page showing what elements it removes. It also removes a banner on the main page that youtube puts there from time to time, usually related to a holiday/special day, some event going on, etc. Because it's now gone I can't screenshot it anymore but should still be removed next time they add it back.
The script shouldn't remove anything important, though there could be some compatibility issues with other scripts or with add-ons that completely change how youtube looks (like youtube-redux).

That said, thanks to your comment I double checked a few things and it seems youtube uses different elements for the same thing in different platforms, so I added those to the script as well.

§

Thank you very much for the explicative image, your answer, your quickness and your work ;-)

Moreover, your script works very well and is super useful.

I too was tired of these YouTube propaganda...

§
Posted: 2024-03-11

Hello,

I just would like to know if your script still works for you please ?

Because on my side, unfortunately it hasn't worked weeks ago :-(

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers with Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey

DwyrielAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-03-11

Haven't had any problems lately, still working for me. If you could, send me the link(s) of the page(s) that is(are) broken and screenshots (If you can't do it here or there's a lot of info create an issue on the gitlab page) so I can pay extra attention to those.

That said youtube been rolling out A LOT of updates recently and generally speaking those updates are rolled out selectively so it could be that it just isn't affecting me as of yet (I also have a flag set up on my browser currently to revert the change showcased here, could be of use to you as well).

§
Posted: 2024-03-12

Thank you very much for your quick answer and tip :-)

Here's an example link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKCIZBQKSKo

Google Chrome :

Mozilla Firefox :

§

It's the same for both log in and log out...

DwyrielAuthor
§
Edited: 2024-03-12

Interesting, haven't seen this one before. It's quite late for me so I'll poke around with the script tomorrow, expect an update in the next day or so :)

In the mean time if you absolutely want to remove this infobox you can add "ytd-info-panel-content-renderer" to the elementsToRemove array, just keep in mind that it could remove other things as well, I'll only know when I dig deeper tomorrow.

§
Posted: 2024-03-18

Hello,

Very sorry for my late...
I hadn't noticed your update, because I was so busy with other things.

In any case, your script is working very fine now and thank you so much again for your swiftness and your kindness ;-)

Sign in to post a reply.