YouTube - Proper Description

Watch page description below the video with proper open/close toggle, instead of a side bar.

< Feedback on YouTube - Proper Description

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-10-24

YT Redux has a new update today and now it destroys your script b/c of some changes...

Here's what they say:
"changed the way the video page is rearranged - it will no longer use the hidden deprecated layout and will instead modify the current one that was already rolled out to all users; due to this some Redux functionality will not work properly (like raw likes values) - further improvements will follow"

Attached is a pic of what happened after the extension update was pushed... although some elements of your script still applies.

Can you make a hotfix on this. Waiting for it ASAP.

q1kAuthor
§

It's never recommended to be using many scripts together, especially those that change the same thing.

§

It's never recommended to be using many scripts together, especially those that change the same thing.

I've got the solution now for this...

Your script is working... its just that one of YT Redux's settings, which is "Recreate old video page layout" ruined the look. When I unchecked that setting, the script is now enforced since the layout is now polymer rather than the extension's look.

It seems like some users who would checked the "Recrated old video page layout" in the extension and using your script damages it, but unchecking it works. Seems like the dev of the extension didn't overlooked at it heheheheehe

Here's the screenshot attached on the script being working when I unchecked that setting in the extension.

Sign in to post a reply.