"view replies" auto expander

click on "view replies (500)" and it will click on the same button until all replies open.

< Feedback on "view replies" auto expander

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021-04-24

I don't understand how this script is supposed to work. I can't see any "view replies (500)" button or text. The only thing I have in my feed is text the circle with a plus sign that have always been there and nothing different happens when clicking it.

Need some hand holding.

goodwin64Author
§
Posted: 2021-04-24

Thanks for the comment,

I posted a short video on how to use it after installation: https://youtu.be/LGBNzF3FbZo .

If it doesn't work as shown in the video - pls give details about your browser and version, I'll check it.

§
Posted: 2021-04-25

Thank you for the video!

I can confirm that the script works as you intended it, but not as I intended it. 😄

I will attach a picture where you can see two kinds of reply-expanders. One is the "View replies (n)", that normally expands 3 replies at a time without your script. The other is a circle with a plus-sign that expands an undefined number of replies to the original post but not replies to those replies.

I was hoping for the script to work for the circle with the plus-sign.

If you wonder about language in the post it's Swedish.

Thanks again!

goodwin64Author
§
Posted: 2021-04-26

Huh :)

For the "+" button I would name the script "more-comments-auto-expander".

BTW, the code for "view-replies-auto-expander" is quite short and easy to understand. If you want to create functionality for the "+" button - you may copy-paste and play with the code, it's free and has no copyright.

Sign in to post a reply.