Google Images direct links 2

Add direct links to the picture to the Google Image Search results.

< Feedback on Google Images direct links 2

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024-04-01

It doesn't work, I am in the process of transitioning from Waterfox Classic to Firefox, so at first I thought that was the reason it's not working, but it is the same in both browsers, I can't make it work, I have the script on Tampermonkey, but yeah, it seems just tonight it stopped. Something google did again perhaps?

§
Posted: 2024-04-13
Edited: 2024-04-13

I've finally been seeing the changes myself lately.
It looks like the main change is in the URL for Google Image Search now. Used to be "tbm=isch", now it seems to be "udm=2"?
I updated the script, let me know if it works again for you :)
Also added some more settings 🙌

§
Posted: 2024-04-13

Thank you, it works like before now. What are the new settings you added? I dare to hope it's a way to implement the middle mouse click in the whole script's function, hehe. If it could either open the image in the current tab or in a background tab like single click does, it would be great, but I remember this was difficult to do, it probably still is, right? Thanks again for the update.

§
Posted: 2024-04-14

Yaay! Thanks for letting me know 🙌 Right, I remember 🤔 I already spotted some weird behavior with some thumbnails never getting links, I'll have to take a closer look and fix that. I shall look into the MMB quirk again too when I do that :)

In case you were still wondering: The added settings are for customizing visual behavior (disable rounded edges, disable clipping) and foreground/background tab behavior.

§

Excellent! The screenshots confuse me, I use Tampermonkey to run the script, but where can I access these settings you show, what extension or program are the screenshots showing?

§

This is TamperMonkey, there should be no further requirements.
Strange, it's working for me in Chrome, Firefox and Waterfox Classic.
I have Chrome and Firefox on TM v5.1.0 and WFC on TM v4.11.6120
I'm using the "Default - Darker" Layout (Dashboard -> Settings -> Appearance: Layout)
and 2 column action menu (Dashboard -> Settings -> Action Menu: Columns; only visible in General: Config mode Beginner or Advanced)
Maybe that's some things that look different?
It shouldn't look too different though, unless you have some custom CSS installed or are using a really old version 🤔

§

I made it dark, I also have TM v5.1.0 and Firefox 115.9.1.esr and I put 2 column too. Where do I go from there? I go to my installed Userscripts, yours is the only one, I double click it and it takes me to edit it. It also has Settings, with lots of windows, and Externals. I should show you some screenshots too actually.

§

First part of screenshots.

§

Second part of screenshots.

§

Nevermind I found it, haha. It's from the icon on the extension list, the puzzle icon, I have to be in google images and the script must be running to see those options yeah.

§

Errr, now the script is not working again, I reinstalled it, I set it to default settings... Nothing. Should I revert Tampermonkey settings to default also? I doubt turning Tampermonkey dark broke your script, but... Damn. :(

§

Ahaha, that's right, that's the popup menu from the extension button ^^

Oh no! Can you send me the URL of a non-working example?

§

Yeah I took a couple. No idea why it stopped...

§

Hm, curious. What does the console (Ctrl+Shift+J) say?
If that doesn't reveal anything, could you send me the HTML of a result page (save as...)? Folder/external files not needed

§

Screenshots of console, so much red!

And the HTML I uploaded here: https://ufile.io/g2wiiqyn

§

I even made a factory reset on TM, but no change.

§

I ran the script in a private window and it works, there must be some other extension messing with it, I will try turning off a few to check.

§

I disabled and enabled every extension, but I could not make it work in a normal window, perhaps if I log out from gmail? Hmmm.

§

Yes that is the problem, as soon as I signed out my google account and I went to google image search, it worked. Ok I hope this helps.

§
Posted: 2024-04-15

Maybe there's a setting in there somewhere that gives you a slightly different markup? 🤔 I posted an update based on your HTML. Couldn't fully test it from this setup, but the buttons should show up again now. Does that fix it?

§
Posted: 2024-04-15

Sadly not. What do you mean by a different markup? Should I send you some of the google account settings? They have a lot of stuff in there, what should I be looking for?

§
Posted: 2024-04-21

It works again, yay!

Sign in to post a reply.