YT2Invidio

Point YouTube links to Invidious, Twitter to Nitter, Instagram to Bibliogram, Reddit to Teddit, Medium to Scribe

< Feedback on YT2Invidio

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-08-03

Invidio.us instance shutting down in September, so it may be wise to switch this script over to using the "invidious.snopyta.org" instance and domain instead.

See also: https://omar.yt/posts/stepping-away-from-open-source

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-03

Good point. Done already, should show up within 24h. Thanks!

§
Posted: 2020-08-04

Great dev - thanks for the fast response!

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-04

Gladly done – thank you for the pointer! I had read that article already but didn't think of adjusting the script until you mentioned it (I would have eventually, but doing so now is much more timely).

§
Posted: 2020-08-11
Edited: 2020-08-11

I finally just updated to the official script rather than using my own personal modification of v1.41 that applied the same snopyta redirect (I forgot that modified scripts won't auto-update :P) but I couldn't help but notice that any YouTube video URL that this script rewrites as a snopyta video URL ends up having "&local=0" at the end of its URL.

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-18

If you toggle proxy state, that would change to local=1, see this discussion. As for your "personal modification": I still don't understand why you didn't simply use the script menu to set a different instance, which is possible since v1.2.0. Could it be you didn't yet discover the script menu?

§
Posted: 2020-08-19

That is correct, I was indeed just a derp that didn't realize I could have just set a different instance.

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-19

Ah! Happens :) So I consider the local= question answered as well, right?

Sign in to post a reply.