HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT Legacy

Snag HITs.

< Feedback on HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT Legacy

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-06-23

Wildcards for blocklist?

First I want to say that this script is fantastic. It has really revolutionized my turking. Nicely done!

I am interested in the author's thoughts on the idea of adding wildcards to the blocklist functionality. For example, I don't do transcriptions so if I could block every HIT that has "transcribe" or "transcription" in it, that would be a great addition,

I'm not a coder, so I don't know how tough something like that would be, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks.

TjololoAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-06-23

I honestly made the decision not to do that on purpose. Mostly because it would very easily lead to confused people adding accidental things (like a*) to the blocklist, then being confused as to why everything was missing. It's not an overly difficult change, and I may make it in the future, but for now I just recommend people block the titles they don't want to see, or block the requesters who consistently do transcription hits. It's better to slightly inconvenience a few than greatly inconvenience many, IMO.

§
Posted: 2015-07-30

Just wanted to stop by and offer a quick thanks for adding the wildcard functionality!
Now this script is even more awesome!

TjololoAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-07-31

That was all feihtality (hit scraper WITH AWESOME)'s work XD I just added it in. Be sure to stop over there and give him the thanks.

Sign in to post a reply.