MunzeeMapV2

my Munzee filter map script

< Feedback on MunzeeMapV2

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-11-17

Don't work in new Firefox

It seems that it don't work with anymore when I updated Firefox (57.0 (64-bit)).
Or is it the GreaseMonkey 4.0 that isn't working?

§
Posted: 2017-11-17

Well I was too fast. :smiley:

Found this myself. :smile:
-----
Version 4.0 is NOT COMPATIBLE with Firefox 57.0

Even though you don't get any compatibility warnings (very misleading), here are the problems:

- Can't install new user scripts. Greasemonkey does not recognize user script links, and does not prompt for an install when clicking on a link to one (you just get script source code displayed in browser).

- Can't manage existing user scripts. The Greasemonkey option in the sidebar is missing from the Extensions tab. It's just gone. So no way to manage existing scripts whatsoever.

- After first updating Firefox to version 57, I noticed that many websites had broken functionality. Upon reviewing the developer console for errors, I repeatedly saw the message "permission denied to access object" on javascript resources. Turns out this was caused by Greasemonkey for some reason. Uninstalling and then re-installing GM did resolve that problem, but considering the aforementioned points no use in keeping it anyway.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great add-on which would otherwise get 5 stars, but until the developer fixes its problems with FF57 it's unusable.

Recommended alternative is the add-on "Tampermonkey". I tried it and it works exactly like Greasemonkey and is fully compatible with FF57.

Sign in to post a reply.