Linkification

Turn plain text URLs into clickable links

< Feedback on Linkification

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2016-12-03
Edited: 2017-01-09

[RESOLVED] Strange case of addons.mozilla.org

Dear @dartraiden, please open the following link and scroll down to a review titled “Works well for me, just one bug I found” which mentions a few links (e.g. imgur, stackoverflow), but they are not linkified. Now let’s open a separate page dedicated to that particular review and voila, links are linkified as expected. What do you think of it?

§
Posted: 2016-12-06

Hello?

§
Posted: 2016-12-11

Seems working for me with:
Linkify Plus Plus

§
Posted: 2016-12-11
Edited: 2016-12-11

@decembre, you use different solution, whereas I'm interested in polishing this one.

§
Posted: 2016-12-16

@dartraiden, are you there?

dartraidenAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-01-02
Edited: 2017-01-02

Maybe comments on AMO are loaded by scripts/AJAX, etc... (after userscript). Or maybe it's Firefox specific bug (I will try test in Chrome)

§
Posted: 2017-01-03
Edited: 2017-01-03

@dartraiden, that page’s source contains no traces of reviews, so it seems they are loaded after userscript, just as you suspected. And since I believe repeated script execution every X seconds like “Linkify++” could harm the performance and there is no other way to deal with this issue, than it is resolved. Do you agree?

dartraidenAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-01-08
Edited: 2017-01-08

Tested on Opera (Crome engine). Same behaviour as Firefox. You are right, repeat script execution is a bad idea.

There is a way to handle AJAX content, but it very complicate for me and require jQuery loading. Another way is using DOMSubtreeModified, but it's deprecated.

Sign in to post a reply.