YouTube Direct Downloader

Video/short download button hidden in three dots combo menu below video or next to subscribe button. Downloads MP4, WEBM or MP3 from youtube + option to redirect shorts to normal videos. Choose your preferred quality from 8k to audio only, codec (h264, vp9 or av1) or service provider (cobalt, y2mate, yt1s) in settings.

< Rückmeldungen aufYouTube Direct Downloader

Rezension: Gut - Skript funktioniert

§
Veröffentlicht: 09.09.2024

Not as good as "Youtube Links" which did let you download at higher bitrates (but that script is unfortunately not updated anymore). Recommended download via Cobalt gives a lower bitrate for Opus VP9 / AV1 files than should theoretically be available.

FawayTTVerfasser
§
Veröffentlicht: 10.09.2024

I checked it against yt-dlp and the bitrate is nearly same, not sure if it can get any better. But if you know of better service, please let me know.

§
Veröffentlicht: 11.09.2024

Alas no. I'm sure YT has changed things why it makes it necessary to use an external service, I don't know the technical reason why you cannot just download it directly from YT. But the experience with this script is fairly good (although the UI of "Youtube Links" is a bit quicker to use). Only small remark: after saving a file, the menu stays open, which will interfere with scrolling the page. I think it's better to close the menu directly after saving automatically (if possible).

§

I did check with a recent version of YouTube downloader, it also cannot do better, so I assume it's not possible anymore.

FawayTTVerfasser
§

Thanks for suggestion. YouTube has various measures to combat downloading videos, because it interrupts their business model, so it's necessary to use external service.

Antwort schreiben

Anmelden um eine Antwort zu senden.