Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube Automation

Automatically cancels dialogs and removes Ads, making YouTube friendlier and lightweight.

< Feedback on Youtube Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 23.07.2021

I can't find the panel, where is it?
And I don't like to force use 720p, is there any way to disable it?

§
Posted: 23.07.2021

There's a 'Tool' button on the at the left of the searchbar and right of the youtube logo. Else you can trigger the panel from Tampermonkey menu by using 'P' shortcut.
The video qualities can be changed at the beginning of the _setup function in code.
They default to 720 HD and fall back to 420p30 if impossible.

These are the values YouTube uses:

• small
  • medium
  • large
  • hd720
  • hd1080
  • highres
§
Posted: 26.07.2021

No tool button on the video page. It only displays on not video pages. It looks was filtered by ABP (AD Blocker).
Is there possible to add an option for this or just disable it to keep it "auto"?

§
Posted: 27.07.2021

No tool button on the video page. It only displays on not video pages. It looks was filtered by ABP (AD Blocker).Is there possible to add an option for this or just disable it to keep it "auto"?

I don't remember ABP blocking it for me but you can edit the beginning of the _setup function and disable the Quality stuff. But what exactly are you using this script for?

You can exclude it from ABP with a @@||youtube.*#@#_YTA_Panel or something like that.

§
Posted: 27.07.2021

No tool button on the video page. It only displays on not video pages. It looks was filtered by ABP (AD Blocker).Is there possible to add an option for this or just disable it to keep it "auto"?

I don't remember ABP blocking it for me but you can edit the beginning of the _setup function and disable the Quality stuff.
But what exactly are you using this script for?

You can exclude it from ABP with a @@||youtube.*#@#YTAPanel or something like that.

This is located on line 657, note that if you edit a script, you'll automatically opt-out of auto-updates.

§
Posted: 02.08.2021

I don't remember ABP blocking it for me but you can edit the beginning of the _setup function and disable the Quality stuff.
But what exactly are you using this script for?

You can exclude it from ABP with a @@||youtube.*#@#_YTA_Panel or something like that.

Not work. I found this rule is filtering this function.

https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/blob/master/filters/filters.txt

I want this:

Makes YouTube more lightweight
Removes annoyances - like anti-AFK popup dialogs
Implements a new dark theme skin [the main reason]
Blocks Ads

Because I'm using dark mode for chrome, the default light theme does not display perfectly.
And I'm interested in what is 'more lightweight' but I can't figure out what has been lighter.

§
Posted: 04.08.2021

I don't remember ABP blocking it for me but you can edit the beginning of the setup function and disable the Quality stuff.But what exactly are you using this script for?You can exclude it from ABP with a @@||youtube.*#@#YTA_Panel or something like that. Not work. I found this rule is filtering this function.https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/blob/master/filters/filters.txtI want this:> Makes YouTube more lightweightRemoves annoyances - like anti-AFK popup dialogsImplements a new dark theme skin [the main reason]Blocks Ads Because I'm using dark mode for chrome, the default light theme does not display perfectly.And I'm interested in what is 'more lightweight' but I can't figure out what has been lighter.

Well, you'll probably won't need this, it makes the workflow more hand-lightweight mostly, it sets quality to 720 and skips dialogs and requests and such, for automation.
If you use multiple YouTube scripts to try them out they may collide with eachother, this one was supposed to be a merger of multiple features for that reason.

Though, If you need something specific I could make a custom script...

Sign in to post a reply.