Greasy Fork is available in English.

ao3 personal hellban

Hide comments and kudos from specified users and/or guests

< Feedback on ao3 personal hellban

Question/comment

Not working - doing config wrong?

Hello, I messaged you on tumblr. I installed the latest version of the script, but it's still not working, so I've copied and pasted the config section as it is now for you to look at. Thanks for your help!

/**** CONFIG ********************/
window.ao3hellban = {

showToggle: true,
// set to false if you don't want to see a count of hidden comments & toggle ability

blacklist: [
// '##GUEST:*', // uncomment this if you want to block comments by all guest users
// '##GUEST:Bender', // uncomment if you want to block guest user who signs as 'Bender'
'Dobby', // block an archive user called 'Dobby'
'pleaseblockthisuser',

]
/********************************/

tuffAuthor
§
Posted: 11.01.2015

"good" news, it doesn't work for me either! My kludgy debug setup does work, but not the actual userscript. Working on it...

tuffAuthor
§
Posted: 11.01.2015

OK, try the latest version now. I think it has broken due to changes in Greasemonkey and/or Firefox which I still don't fully understand, so I'm not sure that this will do it. But give it a try.

Please also make sure you have the latest release versions of GM and Fx (you can remove and reinstall GM without losing your userscripts).

It looks like it hides all the guest kudos too, but I can definitely live with that if/until you decide to fix that. :D Thank you so much!!

tuffAuthor
§
Posted: 14.01.2015

excellent. I will take a look at the guest kudos issue soon (and post back here in case you have notifications on), glad it works in the meantime

Sign in to post a reply.