MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Review: Bad - script does not work

Fails on 2nd day (after Turk logout and login)

Things worked great yesterday ... database "merged," etc. and I only have the II version running on Chrome Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)

Today I came in and can't do a search ... I get this:

TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined

I think it's very possible I logged out and back in a couple times yesterday, but didn't have the issue then, so it's confusing.

updating rating ... which I forgot to set first time. No search is a deal killer. Can I safely go back to old version in the meantime?

I do still have the old version in my list of scripts on Tampermonkey ... but it is marked inactive.

Running latest 1.3.4e Turkmaster along side

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 20.10.2015

The beta testers and I have logged in and out many times and haven't seen the error. I've attempted to reproduce it just now to no avail. Logging in and out is unlikely to be the cause of the problem.

Can you provide any other information? What other errors did you get? Did you see an InvalidStateError prior to executing the search?

Not that I recall. I presume it would stay there and not be something that pops up and disappears, right? When I start up, I have 2 instances running ... due to Turkmaster .... closed and open. Possible race condition???? I clicked some of the other buttons and got nothing except Create Backup gives a "Preparing backup" note and the changing color line .... forever.

I would say it's possible, but not likely that sometime yesterday I had both scripts enabled (since in the past that was okay as I recall) But as I said, I definitely got it down to just the newest and it was working like a champ for the afternoon and evening. I am going to clear cache and restart the browser ... just for grins ...

feihtalityAuthor
§
Edited: 20.10.2015

Yeah the error should stay until you click on something else. You can also open up the console (ctrl+shift+I) to check.

When you say you have "2 instances running ... due to Turkmaster .... closed and open" what do you mean?

Interesting ... chrome actually aborted on me (Fedora 22) ... don't know if the infinity starting "backup" was chomping away memory or not (I have an old system with only 4 GIG and Chrome is terrible if you have very many tabs open, or something totally unrelated. That's a rare occurrence for me. Anyway, upon restart and restore previous tabs (though I had closed one of the 2 dahsboards so it only restarted one: I get this message:

AbortError: Version change transaction was aborted in upgradeneeded event handler.

What do you want me to try at this point ... update database? or something else?

feihtalityAuthor
§

Was this after you cleared the cache? IIRC that deletes the database, forcing it to be recreated. If you had two dashboards loading simultaneously, that creation event would be initiated twice which can cause conflicts. They would cancel each other out and abort the creation process.

Refresh the dashboard and see if you get any other errors.

Actually I didn't get around to clearing the cache before the abort and now restart.

So, what would you like me to do next?

Try update database? Recall the abort error message is displaying ...

Clear cache?

Remove the tab and try creating a new dashboard one?

feihtalityAuthor
§

Refresh the dashboard.

looks normal, no error message.

Try update now?

feihtalityAuthor
§

Yeah give it a shot.

Wow, that was fast. Looked like it only updated like 1, maybe 2 days and now "Update complete." I have a projected earnings for the day entry on both left and right side of the dashboard (I use a lot of scripts and the latest TM now and DB II now) and they both agree and seemed to be updated correctly.

Do you think the "core dump" was related to the backup database attempt when I was in Netherland? Perhaps some "preconditions" need to be verified there ...

feihtalityAuthor
§

It seems to have fixed itself! I'm glad it's working for you now. I'm actually not sure why it gave you trouble initially.

Sign in to post a reply.