FA Content Filter

Filters user-defined content while browsing Furaffinity.

< Feedback on FA Content Filter

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 18. 01. 2017

Is it possible to just block by tag, not by users ?

Hi there, thanks for your script, it's amazing ! But I wish it could be used not to block users, but tags in the search engine, like some other sites (FA own filter in the search engine is crap and doesn't work at all, even in advanced mode using -, it doesn't filter).

Like for eg, adding the tag "blue" to block all images that are tagged with "blue".

RapidStrikeAuthor
§
Posted: 19. 01. 2017

Hello,

I really wanted to implement filtering by tags, I really did. Unfortunately, the only way that I could think of that fetches the tags on FA is to load the page for each submission in the list and fetch the tag data that way, but it could potentially trigger FA's anti-DDoS system since it loads each individual page in rapid succession. Plus, the entire tag system is pretty casual/broken on FA anyways, so images that happened to have the tag "blue" but didn't have anything in the image that would signify "blue" would be blocked.

I wish there was an API on FA that I could use to fetch the pages easier, but FA isn't nice like that.

As an alternative, I could add a feature that filters by words in the title, but I'm not entirely sure if that would be of good use.

§
Posted: 22. 01. 2017

Ok, well thanks anyway for trying ! Take care :).

Sign in to post a reply.