Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Image Search Direct Links Old Style

Replace links and click actions of the Google Image Search results with direct links to the picture, and the page link. Now opens in the same tab by default

< Feedback on Google Image Search Direct Links Old Style

Question/comment

§
Posted: 19. 04. 2018

Google images search updated, the script doesn't work properly.

I noticed today that there were some changes. Right now, left-clicking on the link below the image opens the page on a new tab, instead of the current one. It acts as if it was a middle click. Also, when you hover over an image, the link appears over the image too, not just under it. Also, a menu with a list of options about Related searches appears somewhere in the midst of images. A few more complications appear that probably the dark google skin/style I am using has to deal with, I suppose. Anyway, I hope you can review the script and see what needs to be done. I took too screenshots, with and without my skin and I highlighted some of the issues. Here they are: https://imgur.com/a/zxOvWu0

§

aw, god dammit >.< You can't catch a break without Google messing around with their front ends, can ya.... (I'm glad I can still use the old YouTube here with most of my sessions)

Well, I'm not getting that view yet. It seems Google like to (silently, those sneaky bastards) roll out their new layouts in different groups with random assignments - and I've been spared so far (yet).

You could save the page as HTML and send me that if you want, and I'll see what I can do :)

§
Edited: 19. 04. 2018

I researched some more. I see this change only when I use google.com. When I use google.gr image search it's all like it used to be. I'll try to do what you said with the HTML.

§
Posted: 28. 09. 2018

Hi, there is a problem again, please read my latest comment.

§
Posted: 27. 03. 2020

For posterity: New (still ugly) version for that new version here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/398802-google-images-direct-links-2

Sign in to post a reply.