YouTube Links

Download YouTube videos. Video formats are listed at the top of the watch page. Video links are tagged so that they can be downloaded easily.

< Feedback on YouTube Links

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-05-16

Downloads overlaid on thumbnails

Is there any way to disable that specific part of the script? It actually gets in my way because it doesn't seem to like to close and interferes with Magic Actions for Youtube's ability to hover over a thumbnail and have it expand.

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-05-26
Is there any way to disable that specific part of the script?

Yes, if you read the Settings description on the main page, it tells you to set tagLinks to false.

It actually gets in my way because it doesn't seem to like to close and interferes with Magic Actions for Youtube's ability to hover over a thumbnail and have it expand.

The not-closing is a longstanding bug, I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to detect and fix it.

I would like to check, how does it interfere with Magic Action for YouTube? Is it the placement of the tag, or only when it is opened, or because it did not close sometimes?

§
Posted: 2015-05-26
Yes, if you read the Settings description on the main page, it tells you to set tagLinks to false.

Oops, I must have overlooked that when I was looking on the main page. Thanks.

The not-closing is a longstanding bug, I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to detect and fix it.

I would like to check, how does it interfere with Magic Action for YouTube? Is it the placement of the tag, or only when it is opened, or because it did not close sometimes?

Since the download popup expands so easily and doesn't like to close it ends up covering the thumbnail so that Magic Actions can't expand that which is more often than not what I'm going for when I mouse over a video.

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-12-20

AliceCheshire, if you are still using this script, I've got good news.

As of v1.9, YouTube Links will detect orphaned pop-up links (i.e. mouse pointer already outside the pop-up) and hide it. :smile:

§
Posted: 2015-12-20
Edited: 2015-12-20

AliceCheshire, if you are still using this script, I've got good news.

As of v1.9, YouTube Links will detect orphaned pop-up links (i.e. mouse pointer already outside the pop-up) and hide it. :smile:

I am actually still using it. Glad to hear it.

Edit: Also this is kinda unrelated to the script itself but is there any place I can report site bugs? I ran into this odd bug where I had to sign out then specifically sign in on this page to even comment or else the site wouldn't consider me signed in here.

Sign in to post a reply.