Greasy Fork is available in English.

Manga OnlineViewer

Shows all pages at once in online view for these sites: Alandal, Batoto, BilibiliComics, ComiCastle, Comick, Dynasty-Scans, INKR, InManga, KLManga, Leitor, LHTranslation, Local Files, LynxScans, MangaBuddy, MangaDex, MangaFox, MangaHere, Mangago, MangaHosted, MangaHub, MangasIn, MangaKakalot, MangaNelo, MangaNato, MangaOni, MangaPark, Mangareader, MangaSee, Manga4life, MangaTigre, MangaToons, MangaTown, ManhuaScan, MangaGeko.com, MangaGeko.cc, NaniScans, NineManga, OlympusScans, PandaManga, RawD

< Feedback on Manga OnlineViewer

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2014-11-13

About the mouseover menu

I'd really appreciate a method for making the little blue arrow for the mouse-over menu transparent/invisible. It stands out in my peripheral vision and it becomes annoyingly intrusive on images that span the entire width of the screen. In the future it'd be a good idea to get rid of the arrow altogether and just have the the full area that the menu appears in be sensitive to mouse overs.

TagoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-11-14

I've made the arrow fit with the color scheme/theme. And added a new theme Clear for you with an very faint arrow. Plus the mouse-over area is now larger.

§
Posted: 2014-11-15
Edited: 2014-11-15

Wow, I had resigned myself to cutting out two minutes of every day for the next few weeks to check for a response but you responded so quickly. I'm impressed with your dedication to your script as well as your attentiveness to feedback.

I really like that you made the entire top-left corner sensitive to mouse-over but the clear style raises another concern. Now that the entire top left corner summons the menu what point does the arrow serve? Even now that it's transparent and less intrusive with the styles it's still there while serving no purpose. Is it impossible to remove the arrow entirely? If you say it's impossible I'll be slightly disappointed but still content with what you have produced so far.

I intend to use this script a lot for reading manga. It's common knowledge that most online manga sites downsize images to save bandwidth but Kissmanga.com was my preferred choice because of the convenient one page presentation. Now I can enjoy that same convenience with the even higher quality images of Batoto. I am very grateful for your work.

TagoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-11-15

Yes the arrow could be removed but it is a hint and reminder that there is a hidden menu. If it wasn't there from the beginning you wouldn't notice you could mouse over it. When making any visual program we have to think about cues to the user in order to improve user-friendliness.

Sign in to post a reply.