Youtube Auto-translate Canceler

Remove auto-translated youtube titles

< Отзив за Youtube Auto-translate Canceler

Отзив: ОК - скриптът работи, но има бъгове

§
Публикуван на: 27.06.2019

Any way to fill in the API request once and for all?

Hello there!

First I must thank you for your work on the auto-translate canceler; I still can't believe that youtube could not give the option to disable it, it would have been much simpler.

Now, although the auto-translate canceler is designed to make youtube usage more pleasant for everyone, in truth it appears to me that it fails at this task for a very simple reason: every time a new youtube page is opened, or every time a youtube page is reloaded, the API request fires once again. Every single time it is necessary to copy and paste the API key once again into the request window.

Since the API key is always the same, I suppose that it should be possible to automatize it in such a way that the script always uses the same key by itself without making any request to the user? At least I hope so, because without it using the auto-translate canceler appears to me to be more of an annoyance than the very problem it's supposed to fix.

Sadly I know nothing about programming, so there is nothing I can do here without guidance; but I found the script editing option in tampermonkey, and if you could tell me where in the script I can directly put the API key so that the script stops requesting it every single time a youtube page is loaded, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks already for your help!

pcouyАвтор
§
Публикуван на: 02.07.2019

Hi ! Thank you for the feedback.

The script was designed to do exactly what you are asking for. What you describe is an unintended behavior that I would like to fix, but I need your help to identify the cause.

What browser extension do you use to load the script ? Can you copy/paste the output of the javascript console ? (Ctrl+Shift+J on windows or linux, I don't know the shortcut on mac)

§
Публикуван на: 28.07.2019

@pcouy said: Hi ! Thank you for the feedback.

The script was designed to do exactly what you are asking for. What you describe is an unintended behavior that I would like to fix, but I need your help to identify the cause.

What browser extension do you use to load the script ? Can you copy/paste the output of the javascript console ? (Ctrl+Shift+J on windows or linux, I don't know the shortcut on mac)

Hey, I have same problem and I use Tampermonkey. Every time I log on to YouTube, he asks me for an API key. Do I have to go in every time? Isn't there an option to be permanently entered once?

pcouyАвтор
§
Публикуван на: 12.08.2019

What browser do you use ? It seems the functions I use to store and retrieve the API key are deprecated in Tampermonkey, but only on certain web browsers

§
Публикуван на: 13.08.2019

Maybe this helps you: I just to have the same problem on Pale Moon with Greasemonkey (I can't tell you the exact versions as it's some time ago). It stopped happening after updateing to your script V 0.3. Just to make it clear, I don't have this problem anymore!

§
Публикуван на: 17.02.2020

@pcouy said: What browser do you use ? It seems the functions I use to store and retrieve the API key are deprecated in Tampermonkey, but only on certain web browsers

I am using Vivaldi browser (Chromium) and it asks for my API Key everytime I open Youtube. Anyway to fix this?

pcouyАвтор
§
Публикуван на: 17.02.2020

I have updated the script with enhancements from other contributors. Try upgrading and please tell me if this still happens

Публикувайте отговор

Влезте, за да публикувате отговор.