Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

مراجعة: Good - script works

§
Posted: 19-12-2016

Still not working after Google redisign / script update

Latest Fx, results for both google.com and encrypted.google.com are here.

spmbtمؤلف
§
Posted: 20-12-2016
Edited: 21-12-2016

John1doe: thank you for important info. If you can give a copy of your html page (Right Click -> View page source) with this error, I might have known about the cause of the error. And, perhaps, this effect is observed on the Mac (element with class .sbico-c or with id=_fZl is absent).

§
Posted: 30-12-2016

Extremely sorry for my absence.

Now, I've just installed the latest version, and it's still the same for me.

So, first, you are right, I'm indeed on a Mac. Now, by a copy of the HTML page you mean the source of Google's results page? If so, then here's a pastebin.

spmbtمؤلف
§
Posted: 30-12-2016
Edited: 31-12-2016

Hi!
I was show code, but it is correct and same as in Window (7,10), Fx 50.1.0 or Chrome. Script must be to work. Maybe, it give any error and was stopped? If you show error in console (Cmd+Shift+I), copy text, please.
Next, I need install virtual machine with Mac OS, then I will tell results (around 1 day).

(Another way to show working - to install extension in Chrome or Safari through Tampermonkey.)

§
Posted: 31-12-2016

@spmbt, Script hasn't stopped, I think (it fades out promo cards on the left).

As per console, here goes the JS log:

mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create panel.js:5813:3
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ panel.js:3522:3
not well-formed messages.json:1:1
spmbtمؤلف
§

Errors are absent. Hiding of ads executed before check on "input" field in Google page, therefore, it works.

But next function occur() is not executed. It must be run if "d && d.getElementsByName('q') && d.getElementsByName('q')[0]" is found (8 attempts, max time is around 5 seconds from start of userscript). Attribute with name="q" is present in code of page.

If page is not load in this time, extra buttons are not generated.

In next version, 23.2016.12.32, I change 8 to 12, that give around 30 seconds of attempts. Check it version, please. If page had low loading, this version will to work. If another cause, I must debug it on real Mac OS (I not install virtual machine yet).

In any way, happy New Year since tomorrow : ).

§

Sorry, mate, it seems to be completely my fault: I've just tried running it on a completely new profile with only Greasemonkey installed, and it indeed works.

Tried installing the new version on my old profile, then disabling everything, all the extensions and scripts - no luck :(. Tried even removing `prefs.js` - still no luck.

So, I suppose, the only way is to migrate to a new profile... Hate that procedure.

But at least a bit of a New Year present for you, right? :) No need for you to fix that "bug" any further :).

So, thanks for all the support and help, and sorry once again. Happy New Year!

spmbtمؤلف
§
Posted: 01-01-2017

Any setting in about:config may be enabled. Or works of extensions such as NoScript?
There is another conversation around this script where user was create new profile for work of script also.

So, we know one more reliable way to run.

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.