Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Hide the "sign-in" and cookies dialogs. Prevent the dialogs from pausing the video.

< Відгуки до Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Відгук: Добре - скрипт працює добре

§
Опубліковано: 01.04.2021

Guess you upgraded the script to the point where it actually works?

Thank you very much, it is really useful!

Youtubes sign in nonsense is super annoying, not even mentioning that after dismissing the sign in thing, the video gets a random" playback error" every single time as if it ever were a coincidence -.-

AchernarАвтор
§

I have updated the script today with a small fix for the GPDR cookie dialog page.
If you live in Europe, you get that thing too. Double annoyance...

If you have any problem don't hesitate and post here.

§

Yeah,the cookie thing is annoying in general.
but since it literally pops up on every site, I kind of have already gotten used to mindlessly clicking the shit away whenever I open a website.

AchernarАвтор
§

I live in a web-world without ads and cookies popups thanks to uBlock and the extension I mention below.

An extension exists to dismiss cookie dialogs automatically. Last time I checked it was available for both chrome and firefox.
Search for "I don't care about cookies". Once installed it does an excellent job.

One thing to keep in mind if a site misbehaves: unclickable, unscrollable, invisible things (that should be there). The site could be stuck with the cookie dialog. Click the extension's icon, and disable it for the current site, then refresh.
Note that this happens to me only once or twice a year.

§

I had ublock too but it caused some dumb issue:
whenever I closed frefox and reopened it, firefox apparently loads addons and stuff in the background.

so for like the first few hours I had the issue that sites simply wouldnt load when ublock was on.
like, i see the loading icon in the url bar but nothing would actually get loaded. no matter what page or anything.
disable ublock? sites load isntantly. ublock on again? nope, no loading.

thsi issue with ublock literally happened every single time i started firefox new and stayed for ages.

after having firefox running for a few ours, it probably got used to ublock and dont do that shit no more despite ublock being on.

but having firefox only open since recently?
nope, using firefox and ublock at ones jsut doesnt work.

no idea what in ublock actually hinders stuff from loading or why said issue literally disappears after a few hours of using firefox.

but this was super annoying as I either would have to wait a few hours after opening firefox before I coulöd do shit.
or disable it in general and get ad trash everywhere.

so i got some 2 adblockers from elsewher which also do a decent if not perfect job AND which dont basically block firefox from doing its stuffupon startup.

might be my crappy old notebook and another one of its weird behaviors. but thats why I changed from ublock anyway.

I have a tendency to accidentally click the x in the top right. which closes firefox. so I reopen it and... oh yeah, ublock. kind of forgot that I cant load anything while youtube is enabled.

so yeah, too much of a pain to permanently live with it.

AchernarАвтор
§

That's a weird behaviour. I know uBlock filters everything, but blocking that much...
Have you changed the configuration from the default options? I know that there are many possibilities to screw things.
One easy test it to disable "my filters" in the "filter lists" panel in case that something that you've added is the origin.

If you have an github account, you can report the problem overthere.
If you want to "debug" it yourself you can open the logger, and ask it to display everything. You would be able to view if request are being denied.

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.