Retrieve Full Page Titles in Google Search

Fill the page link titles with the full respective page titles, if possible

< Відгуки до Retrieve Full Page Titles in Google Search

Відгук: Добре - скрипт працює добре

§
Опубліковано: 15.08.2022

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Full Page Titles in Google Search don't always want to be displayed in full :-(
In addition, it's possible to have an option not to have the frame with the reduced titles please ?

Thank you for your answer.

Google Chrome Browser with Tampermonkey

Benjamin PhilippАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 18.08.2022

Hi, Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, I've noticed some changes in Googles' layout too, but I was too lazy to overhaul my script until today.
But now I've done a bunch of changes 😊
I've just published the update. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27406-retrieve-full-page-titles-in-google-search
Note that I've changed how the longer titles appear now.

In cases where my script couldn't get a longer title (it has to load the page in the background and search for the head title element, a bunch of things can go wrong here), there are logs available, depending on your settings.
You can tell which links failed by the light red background.
You can now change the settings in the script settings menu (see image) if you wish. But also, you may not need to:
Now, when something fails, the info gets put into the element's title property. You can hover the mouse over the link to see what went wrong.

Do you still get the error for the link in the first picture? (chefsimon.com "Charlotte..."?) I can't seem to get Google to display the exact same result to me, but other links on chefsimon.com work fine for me.

The links in your other pictures were "successful", but cut off by Google's new layout. This should be fixed now 👍

Which "frame with reduced titles" are you referring to?

§
Опубліковано: 20.08.2022

Hello,

I updated Google Chrome and your script at the same time.

It works very well now and the links of "chefsimon.com" work very well too.

Unfortunately, the layout of Google prevents some links to be displayed in full, but it's the responsibility of Google...

The links that don't display indicates "Ignore".

Anyway, thank you so much for your kindness and your awesome script ;-)

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.