Spotify Romaji

Converts kana and kanji to romaji in Spotify webapp

< Feedback on Spotify Romaji

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 23-01-2023
Edited: 23-01-2023

Amazing script!

I only have only one request. Since you said furigana is not possible due to crashing, can you instead have a setting to show the kana inside the parenthesis instead of the romaji for the okurigana mode? Right now, all the options are for showing only the romanized reading of the kanji. Other than that, it's a really nice script!

RemonadeAuthor
§
Posted: 23-01-2023

Trying to allow hiragana/katakana for okurigana mode also made the page crash...
Good news is, I also found what caused the crash and after fixing it, furigana mode also works. I added it in the available settings.

§
Posted: 24-01-2023

Hmm, I tried enabling furigana on both options and it seems Spotify is now having a hard time loading? It gets stuck on the screenshot below and then eventually the page crashes.

§

I tried removing the userscript and reinstalling and I think I found out that if I set "General Settings" to "furigana" mode, that's what causes it to hang and crash. However, the "Lyrics settings" is alright to set as furigana, however there seems to be a couple bugs.

1. Even though I have the lyrics set to hiragana with furigana mode, it still shows up romanized
2. The furigana shows up with a different color as the lyrics (in this case of combination on the screenshot, it's pretty hard to read) would be nice if it is the same color as the lyrics itself

§

UPDATE:
I found out a workaround and now it doesn't crash and the furigana in the lyrics, in addition to being in hiragana, don't change color too.

RemonadeAuthor
§
Posted: 25-01-2023

Script was trying to convert newly added kana by furigana mode and these new kana weren't considered lyrics...
This explains the coloring, and the crash when setting General Settings mode to furigana, and why the furigana were converted to the value set in General Settings instead of Lyrics Settings.

Should be fixed with new version.

§
Posted: 27-01-2023

Furigana now showing up properly even on song list, thanks!

Sign in to post a reply.