Greasy Fork is available in English.

Show Rottentomatoes meter

Show Rotten Tomatoes score on imdb.com, metacritic.com, letterboxd.com, BoxOfficeMojo, serienjunkies.de, Amazon, Google Play, allmovie.com, Wikipedia, themoviedb.org, movies.com, tvmaze.com, tvguide.com, followshows.com, thetvdb.com, tvnfo.com, save.tv

< Părere la script-ul Show Rottentomatoes meter

Recenzie: Bun, script-ul merge

§
Postat în: 20-01-2022

Could you add an option to select either critic or user review score? Or alternatively have user score show up next to critics. I find that critics on rottentomatoes are often either biased or in total disagreement with user scores and it's good to see both.
Nice script, cheers!

cuziAutor
§
Postat în: 20-01-2022

The reason I have not added it yet is that I use an unofficial API of rottentomatoes.com and that API only returns the critic score and not the user score. So showing the critic score is easy and fast.

Example: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/api/private/v2.0/search/?limit=100&q=better%20call%20saul&t=tv

If we want to show the user score, the script would have to download the normal website and then extract the score from the website. That could work if there is only one search result, but if there are multiple results, that would take too much time.

I will think about it 🙂

§
Postat în: 21-01-2022

If it's not in the API, it'll be quite complicated indeed if at all feasible. Rottentomatoes had a good start but I think they need a total overhaul to turn it into a more serious and robust information site. The lack of a unique alphanumeric ID for movies etc is a major cause for confused/wrong titles being compared and obviously there's a need for a proper API.
Thanks for the reply and explanation :)

cuziAutor
§
Postat în: 23-01-2022

I found another API on the rottentomatoes.com site that includes the user score. So I will probably include it when I have some time.

I will continue this thread on github: https://github.com/cvzi/Rottentomatoes-userscript/issues/1

cuziAutor
§
Postat în: 28-01-2022

I have added the audience score below the critics score. To enable it (after the script updated), you have to open https://www.rottentomatoes.com/ once.

Not sure if I will change the design, I don't have any ideas on how to improve it at the moment 😃

§
Postat în: 28-01-2022

That looks fine! Funny bit that the small popocorn looks like it's a "weather - clouds & rain" icon (irrelevant to the script).
No need to improve :)
I'll be visiting places and checking it out.. If I see any issues you'll be the first to know.. I mean.. obviously!
Cheers again, appreciate you took the time and effort to implement that!

§
Postat în: 05-05-2022

I have added the audience score below the critics score. To enable it (after the script updated), you have to open https://www.rottentomatoes.com/ once.

Not sure if I will change the design, I don't have any ideas on how to improve it at the moment 😃

Fantastic add! Nice job finding a way to do that, I didn't think it would be possible.

§
Postat în: 29-03-2023

Nice plugin, it works well. I have a suggestion, could you perhaps also add the average rating besides the percentage? I mean the rating ranging from 0.0-10.0 you can see when clicking on the Tomatometer. I feel that this average rating is oftentimes far more insightful than the percentage of positive reviews, e.g. if all reviewers are positive, but their ratings are on average 6.2, the movie still isn't that great. Cheers.

cuziAutor
§
Postat în: 30-03-2023

I will check

cuziAutor
§
Postat în: 31-03-2023
Editat în: 31-03-2023

I added it. However that data comes from the flixster.com API, and that flixster.com site seems to be unstable, so it might no be shown all time.

§
Postat în: 31-03-2023

I added it.
However that data comes from the flixster.com API, and that flixster.com site seems to be unstable, so it might no be shown all time.

Wow, amazing! Looks great and very helpful! Thanks for your effort!

Postează un raspuns

Autentifică-te pentru a posta un răspuns.