Greasy Fork is available in English.

Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Removes the nagging login popups and banners from mobile and desktop versions of Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Quora, Ask.fm, VK, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitch and from the mobile versions of Youtube and TikTok.

< Feedback em Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Avaliação: Bom - o script funciona

§
Publicado: 29/11/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for this script, everything works great :). I'm a total newbie to scripting and I'm just amazed at the uses of it. Could you kindly expalain in simple terms of how this script works and what it essentially does to bypass the login popups?? It would help me greatly in understanding the script! Thank you!!

StephenPAutor
§
Publicado: 01/12/2021

Thank you for the kind words!
As you probably know, modern web pages are essentially made of three codes: HTML code that defines the structure of the page (text content, elements hierarchy), CSS code that defines the style of the page (fonts, colours, etc.) and JavaScript code that defines "actions" that happen while browsing (the appearence of a popup, adding an item to the cart in an e-commerce site, etc).
All these three codes are generally served by the site when you browse it. Userscripts by the way are pieces of JavaScript code that the user chooses to add to specific pages, changing the behaviour of the page: JavaScript can interact in many different ways with the page: it can change its style, its content or it can add/remove/prevent/improve the actions that happen on the page.
This script in particular has two main sections: in the first one, the script detects on which site it is running and adds some CSS code to it as soon as the page loads: this CSS code is mostly used to hide specific elements of the page that the user doesn't want to see at all: for example, if a popup that invites the user to download the official app has "appPopup" as ID, I can add "#addPopup {display: none}", that means "if an element has addPopup as ID, do not display it" to the style of the page.
The second section of this script is made of more complex functions that make all the changes that require something more than changing the style of the page. For example, the removeRelatedAccounts function clicks on every X icon on the list of suggested profiles on Instagram public pages, an essential action to keep scrolling to older posts: just hiding them with CSS style wouldn't unlock the scrolling, so they have to be removed in this way.
Onw of the things I like most about userscripts here on GreasyFork is that their source code is available to be read by everybody, so if you want to see how a script actually works, you can read its code. Of course you first have to learn JavaScript language: if you don't know it already, I suggest you to look at MDN and W3Schools: these two sites have almost everything known to mankind about javascript. MDN in particular is both complete and easy to understand.

§
Publicado: 05/12/2021

Not the OP, but that explanation is really helpful! Thanks a lot

StephenPAutor
§
Publicado: 08/12/2021

You're welcome!

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.