Show not checked content

Shows content hidden by Valve's automated content check system

< Feedback on Show not checked content

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 16.10.2021

Didn't work for me, the posts on the discussions board were still hidden.

RudokhvistAuthor
§
Posted: 17.10.2021

Can you give a link to a post that is hidden for you?

§
Posted: 18.10.2021

Can you give a link to a post that is hidden for you?

No, I can't because it was a post that had just been posted, before it was approved. It's approved now - so everyone can see it.

Visit any popular discussions forum on the community hub and try to catch a brand new post.

Maybe there's some confusion on my part about what this script actually targets.

RudokhvistAuthor
§

Thing is - I visited many popular discussions, and it works everywhere for me. What browser and what script extension are you trying to use?

§

Thing is - I visited many popular discussions, and it works everywhere for me. What browser and what script extension are you trying to use?

Oh, it's Violentmonkey on Firefox.

RudokhvistAuthor
§
Posted: 20.10.2021
Edited: 20.10.2021

Ok, I found why it didn't work (Violentmonkey uses different @run-at setting by default) and updated script, should work for you now. If you want to test there are "awaiting analysis" posts here https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dramaclamsfond/discussions/1/2795001034241449973/

§
Posted: 25.10.2021
Edited: 25.10.2021

Awesome, seems to be working now. Can you specify the changed @run-at setting in more detail? Maybe I could make that change myself in the future when testing other userscripts.

RudokhvistAuthor
§
Posted: 27.10.2021

Here is description of this setting. As you can see, violentmonkey has default setting document-end for it, while tampermonkey has it equal to document-idle (see here). So, I just added the string // @run-at document-idle to metadata block of the script to explicitly set it to document-idle.

§
Posted: 04.11.2021
Edited: 04.11.2021

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. It's good practice then not to assume the default and always specify the @run-at explicitly in our userscripts.

Sign in to post a reply.