Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Hide the "sign-in" and cookies dialogs. Prevent the dialogs from pausing the video.

< Youtube - dismiss sign-inについてのフィードバック

レート:良 – スクリプトは良好に動作する

Deleted user 25884
§
投稿日: 2021/08/21

The videos are getting paused again by youtube at start. This issue is only evident if you use container tabs for Firefox, like in the addon Temporary Containers. These spawn a clean session of the scope of the current tab or tab group. Thus no cookies are preserved. Please investigate that you can unpause on first run in a clean session. Provided it is not too much effort or time consuming. I don't want to burden anyone with my feature requests. It's just that Google likes patching stuff to break scripts.

Achernar作者
§

Thanks for reporting.

I'm using chrome in incognito mode to test my scripts. I can reproduce the problem.
As you've said, they've again changed something.
You can't see it (and it's unrelated to the anti-autostop not working anymore), but with my debug version of the script, I can see that the cookie dialog is not even dismissed (it's hidden in you case). Fortunately the userscript contains a workaround solution for this particular case.

I don't have time right now to fix this and debug in all the browsers I have installed, but I'll look at this in the next 24h.

Deleted user 25884
§

Can I provide you with workarounds via private messages? I would send them right away. Just for your information, the dialogue boxes can be closed with easy oneliners, but they are different for mainsite and video page. Thus making it harder.

Achernar作者
§

I was offline.
I've looked at this during the last 20min and found a solution for both problems. The cookie dialog is not an iframe anymore, I just had to apply the fix to the page and not wait for an iframe to open.
For the anti-autopause: it is based on the "trace" info from the javascript stack. They changed a function name and I take the new name into account now. I even have an alternative solution in case I need one.

I'm still testing the modifications and will upload the new version soon.

Achernar作者
§

The new version is available

Deleted user 25884
§

Many thanks, that was fast! Glad sometimes it is just them renaming functions for whatever reason, not really thinking they care much for 5000+ users just wanting to skip their invasive pop-ups.

Achernar作者
§
編集日: 2021/08/21
Deleted user 25884
§
投稿日: 2021/08/22

I see the comment now with "not an iframe anymore" now :) Was just too tired yesterday to run a full inspection. Yes it still seems manageable.

Given you have my two scripts in the private message: If you want to see another interesting change, close your browser and open a link to a random youtube channel (like that of ARTE FR or DE):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLLibJTCy3sXjHLVaDimnpQ
Once in Google/Youtube cookies-free session, the channel forces a redirect to consent.youtube.com and doesn't even allow you to run your function.

But I am handling this by letting your script take care of www.youtube.com since it is ways faster and the "I don't care about cookies" cookies addon only the consent.youtube.com -- Thank you a lot for your help, all runs great!

Achernar作者
§
編集日: 2021/08/22

Fixed
My bad. I've introduced the bug when I modified the consent() function. I forgot that there is an argument when called by an event.

Deleted user 25884
§
編集日: 2021/08/22

Oh yes this is much more reliable for me now. I've blocked *.youtube.com in the Firefox addon now and let only your script handle the consent boxes now. "dismiss sign-in" is fully running at old glory :)

Achernar作者
§

:)

返信を投稿

返信を投稿するにはログインしてください。