Greasy Fork is available in English.

ppixiv for Pixiv

Better Pixiv viewing | Fullscreen images | Faster searching | Bigger thumbnails | Download ugoira MKV | Ugoira seek bar | Download manga ZIP | One-click like, bookmark, follow | One-click zoom and pan

< Feedback on ppixiv for Pixiv

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 24 Juni 2024
Edited: 24 Juni 2024

Hello the script has been working great so far except there are times I cannot download some images through the script as I get an "Error: Request Error" message so I had to manually save the image instead. Interestingly I tried using another script "Pixiv Downloader" and it failed (as indicated with the big red X) to save the same image.

URL sample: https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/119596584#ppixiv

Chrome Tampermonkey
ppixiv ver 239

ppixivPembuat
§
Posted: 25 Juni 2024

It downloaded for me, it may just be a Pixiv issue. Their image hosting can sometimes be really slow.

This image looks like it has a bunch of hidden data in it (it's a 10 MB 252x352 image), it seems like people might be repurposing Pixiv as a fileserver :)

One thing to check is that Settings > Other > "Pixiv image host" is set to "Pixiv" and not "Cloudflare". It should default to it, the Cloudflare option used to be a lot faster but it doesn't work well anymore, so make sure it's not enabled.

§
Posted: 26 Juni 2024

Ok I tested the script with a different browser (Firefox) and it worked absolutely fine. I guess there's something up in my Chrome which I'll have to look closely, thanks!

(And yes a certain application uses those "pictures" hence the large filesizes)

Sign in to post a reply.