Newspaper (HTML Feed Reader)

Native Feed Viewer. Render syndication feeds (supports ActivityStreams, Atom, JSON Feed, OPML, RDF, RSS, RSS-in-JSON and SMF)

< Feedback on Newspaper (HTML Feed Reader)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2023.06.25.

Please remove the first 288 lines, it looks terrible and is barely readable anyway, it also does not look like a good and common practice to do that.

// ==UserScript== should be the first line

// ==/GreasyFork== should be removed and included on // ==UserScript==

All those comments would look better on the main page description, that is why it exists!

If you insist on keeping it in the code, it should be after // ==UserScript==, not before anything else.

Currently // ==UserScript== is lost in the middle of multiple questions and comments, that is a terrible thing to see!

Great script btw!

§
Posted: 2023.06.25.
Edited: 2023.06.25.

Also please remove some of the random RSS and browser ads (Please visit our counterparts) on your description. There are also a few broken links in the description too.

Most of the things on the current description could and probably should be included inside the detail html tag, right now it is so long and there are so many pointless and not interesting at all things that almost no one will read everything, which is why buttons would help.

schimonAuthor
§
Posted: 2023.06.26.

Please remove the first 288 lines.

Done.

Metablocks were preserved.

Also please remove some of the random RSS and browser ads (Please visit our counterparts) on your description.

Done.

Recommended Userscripts was not deleted.

Great script btw!

Thank you!

@hacker09 You are welcome to help if you want.

@NotYou has stated that the program needs to be refactored.

The porpuse of this userscript is to render feeds to HTML, and I want to make it as fast and light weight as possible.

§

thanks

// ==GreasyFork== probably should also be removed, whatever is inside it should actually be inside of // ==UserScript==

Yeah, I am looking at your code and it is not that bad actually. But to make it light and fast removing all functions you commented and are not using would be good. Keep those only for yourself, and when you publish the script erase them before publishing, I do that for a few scripts sometimes

schimonAuthor
§

Thank you.

I will do.

schimonAuthor
§

I stand corrected.

I think @NotYou has just referred to the proposed code for settings management, as I didn't even mentioned this project.

I apologies, @NotYou.

§

Why is the duplicated code below needed? I dont see a need for it...
// ==GreasyFork==
// @author Schimon Jehudah
// @collaborator CY Fung
// @collaborator NotYou
// ==/GreasyFork==

schimonAuthor
§
Posted: 2023.06.27.

Done. I apologies for the procrastination.

Sign in to post a reply.