Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Hide the "sign-in" and cookies dialogs. Prevent the dialogs from pausing the video.

< Feedback on Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020.11.22.

Thank for the script. It works like a charm! Anyway, can you make an update for this “Get the best Youtube experiance” notification?
Again, thank you very much!!!
Love you <3

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.11.22.

I haven't seen this message yet. But as soon as I get it I'll be able to handle it.
Where do you see this popup? On a smartphone or a computer? Which type of browser? Is it displayed on only some type of youtube page? A video, or a channel, or a search result? Is it displayed every time you go to youtube?
It would help me to narrow the tests if I want to try to reproduce this.

§
Posted: 2020.11.23.

Greetings, same as Lê Thái Sơn I appear to have a VERY persistent problem before watching pretty much every video. It says "Get the best YouTube experience. Sign in to save videos, subscribe, and more". I have a choice of signing in or not. But if I say no, then it will just reload and ask me again. It can do that up to four times! At first I thought the videos were age-restricted, but now I see that it's just horribly insistent on me signing in... even though I don't want to. Seriously, I don't. What is this new thing and why is it so persistent? I've barely seen it addressed here, so I decided to try and draw attention to this issue. Is this a new feature? A virus? Is it possible not to get it without signing in? There must be other poeple who get this issue besides me...

AchernarAuthor
§

I have to know which browser you're using (brand and version) as well as if it is on a (desk/lap)top computer or on a tablet/smartphone.
With that I can try to reproduce what happens.

Maybe also the country, in case it is a behaviour that is geolocated.

§

I'm suffering from the same problem Browser is firefox (83.0) desktop

AchernarAuthor
§

I'll try to replicate this.

AchernarAuthor
§

I tried and tried and tried...
nothing like what you see, with FF83 on W7

Lets get more informations.

Which country are you in? I will try with a proxy.
Is the language of your browser in english? I presume since the message is in english.
Do you use other userscripts and extensions?
When you disable the userscript (and try in a private window), which popup do you see? Only this one, or also at least the one displayed in the first screenshot? Another solution is to try in a new profile and see what happens (this could exclude the possibility of another script doing something).

AchernarAuthor
§
Edited: 2020.11.23.

Another solution which could show me the problem, is:

- When you have that popup displayed on youtube, save the page ("Web Page, complete (*.htm,*.html)")
- open the directory where the page was saved
- put that file, and the directory with an identical name, in a ZIP or RAR file (if you know how to do it)
- if you follow the link to my "programming page" you'll find an email address there.
- send me the compressed file.

§
Posted: 2020.11.24.
Edited: 2020.11.24.

I've sent you a .zip file to achernar@gmx.net
I use VPN US, Chrome, Win 10

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.11.24.

@Vũ Quân Nguyễn :
I've received your file. I can't see the popup on that page. Was it visible when you saved it? There is also the possibility that part of the javascript saved with the page clears the popup.

That's a weird layout. Is youtube always displayed like this? Is it also displayed like this when you open a "guest" window?

Here are 2 screenshots. One of your saved page, and one when I use the url saved within the page.

§
Posted: 2020.11.26.
Edited: 2020.11.26.

Hi, let's forget about that case for now. Now I want to report you a new bug, when using European countries IP to watch videos, if the video has ads at the beginning of the video, the video player will go black after the advertisement runs for 1-2 seconds. I have also sent you a video documenting the error.

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.11.28.
Edited: 2020.11.28.

Good news for all of you who are seeing the black "popup" displayed in the first 2 screenshots above. I have been able to see one. It involves disabling my adblocker on youtube.com. But even in that situation, I have been able to trigger it only twice. Not enough to modify properly the userscript. You'll have to wait a little longer to get a fix for this.
If one of you has a method to trigger it more often, share it here.
From what I have seen in the code, the popup is styled with a name that could give us a hint: "yt-player-error-message-renderer". It could be caused when you encounter network errors connecting to yt. Which I don't have on my current connection (I can watch HDTV on my TV+decoder + yt HD + downloads).

Vũ Quân Nguyễn: I still have to look at your video.
Since whitelisting yt, I haven't seen a broken ad or video. It could also be related to a connectivity problem. In that case it's not a userscript problem.

An interesting solution is to install an adblocker extension.
I suggest uBlockOrigin. The best, the most flexible. It really filters all the crap that we see on many site, and no more ads on youtube. Plus many other things besides ads. Pages are lighter and much faster to load on crap-laden sites, memory usage is smaller, cpu usage is down to 0 (unless watching video)...

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.11.30.
Edited: 2020.11.30.

Update

Good news. I was finally able, today (monday), to get the small black message. Unfortunately I don't get it anymore right now.
I can infer from my tests that this message is only displayed (at least for me, with my current connection) in one of the 2 youtube layouts I receive. But I can't get that layout for the moment.
I can differenciate the 2 by the position of the "autoplay" switch. I only get the message when the switch is displayed inside the player, next to the "gear" (settings) icon.

Still, I was able to write a code that handles this messages, but it still needs some refinements. So I'll have to wait until I can again summon this popup.

Following my previous post, I think this message is related to a connection error with the server (most probably when trying to load an ad). I have seen the normal error message displayed on the black background just before it gets replaced by the "sign-in" version, and it is rooted in the html code under a tag named "yt-playability-error-supported-renderers". And with my adblocker enabled, I haven't seen it.

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.12.03.

Hi everyone, a new version has been posted with an attempt to solve your sign-in notification.

The message will stay visible while the script tries to reply "not now". It tries this every 300ms until youtube accepts.
From my experience it shouldn't last longer than 1 or 2 seconds.

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.12.04.

@Vũ Quân Nguyễn @Lê Thái Sơn @torippin
keep me informed if you have any problem.

§
Posted: 2020.12.05.

It appears but reloads quickly and can be viewed without stress
Thanks a lot!
Sorry for not being able to provide more information
Because I didn't understand

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2020.12.05.

No problem ;)
I'm glad that it works for you now.

Sign in to post a reply.