YTBetter - Enable Rewind/DVR

Unlocks rewind for YouTube live streams with disabled DVR

< Feedback on YTBetter - Enable Rewind/DVR

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 14-08-2024

The script seems to broke all non livestream/VOD videos. It will give out general "An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID:....". Consistently happen on specific youtube brand account on chrome browser so it might be cause by youtube A/B testing. Changing the regex to match live videos only, "https://www.youtube.com/live/*" fixed it for me. idk how to debug so this all i can get :D

§
Edited: 14-08-2024

The fixed is buggy solution btw, it will not enable script on livestream on /watch?v=... and it still broke normal video that somehow on /live/... link so better use other way to detect is livestream and then enable DVR

copyMisterAuthor
§

Hi there! I think your problem might be related to this.

YouTube is probably serving you server-side ads (SSAP) and since we added a code that tries to block them, in some cases it might break normal videos.

However, matching by URL like you suggested isn't the best solution since YouTube works like a web app, meaning that it loads parts of pages dynamically when you go to the homepage, pick videos, etc. That's why a wide www.youtube.com/* regex is used.

I'll wait to see if more people report this problem. But for now can you please check if this variable is true for you? yt.config_.EXPERIMENT_FLAGS.html5_enable_ssap_entity_id

copyMisterAuthor
§

Actually, no need to wait. Check if the updated v2.4 version works for you.

There's really no need to touch videos that are not Live and have DVR already enabled. So I added some If clauses.

§

It works perfectly fine now! Thank you so much! :D

Sign in to post a reply.