Greasy Fork is available in English.

Instagram Download Button

Add the download button and the open button to download or open profile picture and media in the posts, stories, and highlights in Instagram

< Feedback on Instagram Download Button

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 22-06-2024

Due to recent changes on instagram, the script stopped working regularly.

It does not appear immediately in the stories and in many accounts it results in a link ending in 'null' which opens a tab to the same link as the stores and not to its original content.

Example of a link: https://www.instagram.com/stories/username/null

This happens with both Firefox and Chromium regardless of which extension you use the userjs with.
With each passing day, the situation happens in more and more accounts.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

§
Posted: 23-06-2024

This script works fairly well for posts on homepage, but it stopped working for stories altogether. Until the fix arrives, I've installed another script from here called "IG Helper" which is already updated and works for everything 👍

§
Posted: 25-06-2024
This script works fairly well for posts on homepage, but it stopped working for stories altogether. Until the fix arrives, I've installed another script from here called "IG Helper" which is already updated and works for everything 👍

I tested IG helper, it downloads with a lower resolution than the actual resolution, post images and stories.

That doesn't work 100% either.

§
Posted: 25-06-2024

I tested IG helper, it downloads with a lower resolution than the actual resolution, post images and stories.

That doesn't work 100% either.

Did you enable "Force Fetch Resource via Media API" in the settings? Because it's off by default. I tested both extensions on multiple examples and they're identical.

Sign in to post a reply.