Youtube Ad Cleaner(Include Non-Skippable Ads- works)

(Be Tested Daily) Bypass all youtube ads (skippable and non-skippable Ads) plus download youtube video on the fly

< Commentaires sur Youtube Ad Cleaner(Include Non-Skippable Ads- works)

Avis: Bon - le script fonctionne correctement

§
Posté le: 30/09/2020
Édité le: 30/09/2020

After testing dozen of different YT' ad blocker js scripts... this "Youtube Ad Cleaner" is the only one working for me. So firstly, here is my "thank you" to the Dev @BjDanny.

Unfortunately "Youtube Ad Cleaner" is not working perfectly for me.
"Youtube Ad Cleaner" works great on YT' skippable ads. No problems here!
But sadly, all the time I still have one YT' non-skippable ad before the real YT' video. Without "Youtube Ad Cleaner", normally I have around 2 to 3 of these pesky YT' non-skippable ads. With "Youtube Ad Cleaner", now non-skippable ads are reduced just to one ad (every time before the targeted video)... but it'll be perfect if in next upgrades "Youtube Ad Cleaner" can block 100% of YT' non-skippable ads.

The only way I can 100% block all these YT' non-skippable ads is by using an additional RegExps-blocker with the following rule: [\=\&\_\-\.\/\?\s\d]adunit[\=\&\_\-\.\/\?\s\d]
I'm not an expert, I just found this RegExps solution in the web, I copied/pasted, and worked for me... zero YT' non-skippable ads.
I hope this solution can be included inside "Youtube Ad Cleaner". If that can be done, it'll be great, because then "Youtube Ad Cleaner" will become the perfect YT' blocker for me, I'm not going to need additional blockers, and this will improve my browser performance.

I also found in the web a larger list of YT CSS elements to block, so I attach it here hoping this will help @BjDanny (https://pastebin.com/fQFMi9GX).

Hope to see soon new "Youtube Ad Cleaner" updates and upgrades. And I really hope to have "Youtube Ad Cleaner" as my sole and complete solution against YT' ads!

Thank you again and congrats for the excellent job!

PS: It's worth mentioning that I'm using Firefox Nightly, so perhaps the "(Chrome ONLY)" comment at "description" is not needed.

dumb dumbAuteur
§

hello Decopi,

Thanks for your comment. I mainly tested the script on chrome and it should work on chrome without issue. I had done tests on firefox and found that the script didn't work correctly. I know my script doesn't fully work on firefox or other browsers, so I have to make it clear for the users.

I will continue to improve the script and eventually make it works on firefox as well.
By the way, thanks for your suggestion. I will test it out.

Cheers

§

... I'm not sure the issue I mentioned (one non-skippable YT' ad, always before the targeted video) is related to Firefox.

I tested your "Youtube Ad Cleaner" on GoogleChrome, and I still can see a similar issue: Before the real video, one non-skippable YT' ad video appears (only one YT' ad video). The issue appears at both, Firefox and GChrome, but at GChrome the non-skippable YT' ad video remains only for 3 seconds (at Firefox, this non-skippable YT' ad video remains for 5 to 10 seconds).
So, perhaps the issue is not related to browsers, but to countries. Perhaps different countries have different YT' ads.

Anyway, as I said, I hope it'll be useful to you the RegExp rule and the YT' css elements list I shared with you. Again, the RegExp rule blocks 100% of my non-skippable ads, it works amazingly good. It'll be fantastic if you can kill this one non-skippable YT' ad video, this is the only small last detail your "Youtube Ad Cleaner" needs to be perfect.

Count on me if you need any help with Firefox. I can help you by doing any test you want me to do, or I can try to share any information you may need.

Thanks again!

dumb dumbAuteur
§

Hi Decopi,

I updated the code to version 1.41. Please update the script. I believe the issue is fixed.
Firefox is fully supported in version 1.41.

Please let me know if you still catch any non-skippable ad. Thanks.
I had done tests on chrome and firefox for a hour, the problem you mentioned didn't happen again in verson 1.41.

§

... unfortunately, no big improvements on my side with latest 1.41.

At GChrome, the non-skippable YT' ad video still is appearing. It appears for only one or maximum two seconds... but is there, is visible, it appears always one time, and before the real video.
At Firefox the situation is a little worse, the non-skippable YT' ad video appears for around 10 seconds.
All my tests were on GChrome and Firefox clean install, only using TamperMonkey, and only using your YoutubeAdCleaner 1.41.

As I said, I'm not an expert, but from my ignorance I still believe that different countries may have different type of YT' ads. Also always is important to repeat that your YoutubeAdCleaner 1.41 is perfect against skippable YT' ad videos, zero problems here. The only issue that remains, is with just one pesky YT' non-skippable ad video that appears every time before the real video. It's not always the same pesky ad video, but always is only one video, always is a non-skippable ad video, and always is before the real video.

Please, you can still count on me! I don't know how to help you, but count on me.
I'm not sure if it'll be useful, but if you want, I can make a video for you showing GChrome/Firefox behavior (and the mentioned pesky non-skippable ad video).
Also and as I said, I can run all the tests you want.
Count with my help because I really want to see your YoutubeAdCleaner killing this one non-skippable ad video! : )

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.