Vector Layout for Wikipedia (Fast)

returns old Wikipedia layout. (layout before 2023 redesign of the website)

< Feedback on Vector Layout for Wikipedia (Fast)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023/02/17
Edited: 2023/02/17

Let Ctrl+Click open the link in new tab.

Could you please add another condition? !e.ctrlKey This would stop the redirect for Cltr+Clicked links.

In version 1.1.6 when I Ctrl+Click the link to open it in new tab it does the redirect and the link is shown in current tab. If we don't do the redirect for links clicked when Ctrl is held, the original link is opened in a new tab. Then the script does its magic anyway, but it happens in the background.

Thank you for accepting my suggestions and making the script better. I hope the requests don't bother you too much. :)

NotYouAuthor
§
Posted: 2023/02/18

Done. Now on Ctrl + click (or cmd + click if you are on Mac) links opens in new tab. I implemented it myself because Firefox doesn't have this feature (On Firefox, you should click middle mouse's button to open the link in new tab).

§
Posted: 2023/02/19

But Firefox does have Ctrl + Click to open in a new tab natively and I have been using it for years.
I'm afraid your solution now breaks the preferred opening in another tab for me, because it switches to the opened tab whereas before it opened the new tab in the background.

Just adding !e.ctrlKey as another condition would suffice.

I'm also not quite sure about the inNewTab parameter, which is only present in the function declaration, but not in any of the calls.

NotYouAuthor
§
Posted: 2023/02/19

But Firefox does have Ctrl + Click to open in a new tab natively and I have been using it for years.

Oh my god, I feel so dumb, it didn't work for me because I was using other user-script for string translation, that uses same combination for actions.

I'm afraid your solution now breaks the preferred opening in another tab for me, because it switches to the opened tab whereas before it opened the new tab in the background.

Just adding !e.ctrlKey as another condition would suffice.

Now everything is fixed, install new version! :)

I'm also not quite sure about the inNewTab parameter, which is only present in the function declaration, but not in any of the calls.

I though, I would use it in function, but no, it wasn't needed, I just forgot to remove it :p

§
Posted: 2023/02/20

Thank you, works great now.

My Firefox installation is also riddled with many customizations and sometimes I have to use a clean portable version to to test stuff that behaves oddly. :D

Sign in to post a reply.