StarTube

More layouts and customization options for V3

< Feedback on StarTube

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024-10-19

Hey, i just made the transition from Youtube Redux and i have a few question regarding customization and facing a few issues
I am using the 2014 layout as a base with dark mode

-Is it possible to get green/red likes/dislikes ? (i turned on expClassicLtod, wich give me green likes even if the button is a bit buggy placement wise, but no red dislikes)
-If i use expModernNotifIcon with dark mode on, the bell icon is invisible when im not hovering on it
-I turned on expTrueScrollableGuide and disabled APPBAR_GUIDE_SCROLL in V3 settings as recommanded, it works, but after a second reload of the page, V3 automatically re enable APPBAR_GUIDE_SCROLL (same with expModernUpload, i turned it off in order to turn PROMINENT_UPLOAD_BUTTON on, it works but after a second reload, V3 force PROMINENT_UPLOAD_BUTTON back off)
-Is there anyway to force the player to adapt/scale to the video aspect ratio ? i tried differents player options but none of them remove black bars for exemple a 4:3 aspect ratio video. this is probably the only modern YT feature i miss

Thx for your work

lightbeam24Author
§
Posted: 2024-10-19
Edited: 2024-10-19

-Is it possible to get green/red likes/dislikes ? (i turned on expClassicLtod, wich give me green likes even if the button is a bit buggy placement wise, but no red dislikes)

That's tied to the layout. So no.

-If i use expModernNotifIcon with dark mode on, the bell icon is invisible when im not hovering on it

Dark mode is only partially supported as of now.

-I turned on expTrueScrollableGuide and disabled APPBAR_GUIDE_SCROLL in V3 settings as recommanded, it works, but after a second reload of the page, V3 automatically re enable APPBAR_GUIDE_SCROLL (same with expModernUpload, i turned it off in order to turn PROMINENT_UPLOAD_BUTTON on, it works but after a second reload, V3 force PROMINENT_UPLOAD_BUTTON back off)

StarTube is what's forcing those settings, not V3. To get around this, first set StarTube's layout to what you want, then refresh, then set StarTube's layout to Custom, then refresh, THEN change the V3 settings you want to change, then refresh again. When the layout is set to Custom, StarTube won't change V3's settings (for the most part anyway).

-Is there anyway to force the player to adapt/scale to the video aspect ratio ? i tried differents player options but none of them remove black bars for exemple a 4:3 aspect ratio video. this is probably the only modern YT feature i miss

No there isn't, and there are no plans for this.

Sign in to post a reply.