YTBetter - Enable Rewind/DVR

Unlocks rewind for YouTube live streams with disabled DVR

< Feedback on YTBetter - Enable Rewind/DVR

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024-06-23

Only working for me when logged out of youtube. Lets me pause and resume but I'm unable to move the cursor, it just jumps straight back to live. Possibly some interference with Youtube Premium?

copyMisterAuthor
§

If only I could reproduce the issue, I would be sure to fix it. I'm logged in but without Premium.

However, since you're not the only one, maybe YouTube activates some new functionality gradually in waves. And so far I haven't been affected by it.

I wonder, has YouTube interface changed for you recently? For example, where do you see the comment section: on the right side or under the video?

copyMisterAuthor
§

Actually, now I'm seeing the issue in an incognito window without being logged in! Thanks for the report, I'll try to find a solution.

§

You're probably right with it being some kind of procedurally rolled out update. My comments are below the video, though I mostly use YouTube enhance. Even with every other extension turned off I still got the same issue. Only logging out or logging into a different account made it work properly. Thanks for looking into it!

copyMisterAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-06-24

Another day has passed and now I can't reproduce this bug again with exactly the same conditions as yesterday :(

But I did compare base.js and desktop_polymer.js files in two instances: where the script worked and where it didn't. They were identical.

I also tried changing my YouTube region and language, logging in to different accounts and enabling VPN with different countries: USA, Europe, Asia. It didn't affect the script behavior.

Interestingly, isLiveDvrEnabled was still correctly set to true in the bad instance, plus I could click and drag the dot icon like in the example here. Pause and resume also worked fine, like you mentioned.

Anyway, I'll have to wait until I encounter this issue again. Unless someone finds the exact way to reproduce it. Maybe it only affects Premium users? But I'm not willing to pay for it, sorry. And it's not even certain that it's the case.

§
Posted: 2024-06-25

Strangely, it now seems to be working for me too. Tried on multiple streams while logged in and was working correctly. I'll change my rating and let you know if I encounter any more errors. Thanks!

copyMisterAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-06-25

Sounds good, thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.