Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Hide the "sign-in" and cookies dialogs. Prevent the dialogs from pausing the video.

< Feedback on Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-12-16

Hi, I've followed the instructions on how to install a script but it doesn't work. When I click on "Install this script", I see a page with the javascript code and nothing else happens.
Using safari 13.1.2 on Mac OS 10.13.6 Script : "Youtube - dismiss sign-in" & also "Google Shut Up!". Thanks for any help...

AchernarAuthor
§
Edited: 2020-12-16

You have to install an extension to manage userscripts.
Currently, one of the favorites is Tampermonkey. From their website there is a link to the Appstore: https://www.tampermonkey.net/index.php?version=4.11&ext=dhdg&browser=safari

Once installed it will catch the page with the javascript code, and propose to install it

§

Thank you. I'm using Userscripts. I can't install Tampermonkey on my system.

AchernarAuthor
§

So, do you have a problem installing the script, or is it installed but not working?

What are you using to run userscripts? Is there another extension, or is it part of safari's native capabilities?

§

Userscripts is an extension of safari just like adblock. So the problem is installing the script. I could perhaps do it manually if I knew in which folder to put the javascript file. Thanks

AchernarAuthor
§

What does happen usually when you install a script?
Have you already installed from greasyfork.org?

I assume "Userscripts" should see that you want to install one. Check if you haven't disabled it, or if there is a dialog opened somewhere.

If you know how to post on github, you can ask for help on the page of the "Userscripts" extension (if this is the same extension you're using).
If you can't do that yourself, I can ask on your behalf.

§
Posted: 2020-12-17

Thanks for your help. The script is working fine now. No more sign in pop up on youtube. What I did is copy the code on your website, paste in a .js file that I named youtube, and put it in the folder indicated by usercript when starting the app location in application folder. And, done ! Thank you very much for your help & the script.

§

Hi, sorry it doesn't work. I'm gonna use firefox

AchernarAuthor
§

I'm sure there is a simple explanation about this. "Userscripts" should get this correctly.

By the way, I'm only the script writer. This site, that hosts many other scripts from many other programmers, is owned by someone else. ;)

AchernarAuthor
§

I've looked at "Userscripts" github page. This issue is related : https://github.com/quoid/userscripts/issues/18

What is said, is that you have to manually install the script, and add more code to make it work correctly. And in these conditions the script won't be updated when a new version is published.

A better solution is to use another extension, but you told me earlier that you can't install tampermonkey. I hope that it works correctly for you with firefox. (it should).

§

Yes everything is working fine with firefox. Thanks a lot for your help :-)

AchernarAuthor
§

No problem :)

Sign in to post a reply.