< Feedback on YTBetter - Enable Rewind/DVR

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2024-06-14

It seems to have stopped working.

copyMisterAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-06-16

Works fine for me still. Tested in Chrome, Chromium and Firefox (latest versions) with both Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey.
I use it almost daily so I'll notice right away if it stops working.

Could you check it again? For example, you can open any VTuber stream from https://holodex.net
Also try disabling any other YouTube scripts. Maybe there's some conflict.

copyMisterAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-06-25

Hi there! Could you please check if everything works for you now?

I tried debugging this issue here, but so far couldn't find the problem. And it magically fixed itself both for me and another user.

If you still encounter this bug, maybe you can help me reproduce it.

§

I just tested it and found that there are no issues now (but there were indeed problems before).
Maybe YouTube is still testing?

copyMisterAuthor
§

Yeah, probably. But feel free to report here when it happens again. I'll get an email notification and will try to fix it.

§
Posted: 2024-07-08

It also stopped working for me on YouTube, but it still works in iframe (youtube-nocookie.com)

§
Posted: 2024-07-09

Same with @xxkl ↑ . Suddenly Not working from today (2024/07/09) but it still works in iframe (like pip mode of Enhencer for Youtube™ Extension). This userscript helps me a lot copyMister! Thanks alot!

copyMisterAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-07-09

Once again I'm not able to reproduce it, both today and yesterday. Tried different locations through VPN, different languages, being logged in or not - every time it unlocks DVR fine in Desktop and Mobile versions.
I'll keep trying from time to time, but for now I don't have any solution for you folks 🤷‍♂️

§
Posted: 2024-07-19

https://greasyfork.org/scripts/501102
I'm normal too
Just saw it today
Maybe you can try this?

copyMisterAuthor
§

@Leadra, nice one, thanks for the link! I yoinked the code back here and updated the script.
@rubyruby, I can add you to this script's authors, if you want. I think it's better to maintain a single version.

So we finally found an answer why DVR didn't work for some people: it was because of YouTube's server-side ads experiment.
You can test if your account is affected by it if you open Console (F12), type this and hit Enter: yt.config_.EXPERIMENT_FLAGS.html5_enable_ssap_entity_id
true means you are seeing server-side ads and DVR is broken for you unless you update to v2.3
undefined means you're not affected by it.

However, I found that the new code might produce errors for some people.
If you see "An error occurred. Please try again later" in any videos, try refreshing the page. If it won't work, try disabling the script. Also report about it here or create a new issue.

Note that the script currently doesn't differentiate between streams and normal videos/shorts. It means that it will try to disable SSAP for all videos you watch. It might be a good or a bad thing. I'll leave it as is for now, but maybe it'll better to make it more specific in future, so only live streams with disabled DVR are targeted.

Also found this, another solution for SSAP: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/498112-youtube-ssap-disabler
Might be useful if the current method stops working.

§

Sign in to post a reply.