Youtube - hide "Download, Clip and Thanks (including Promote)" buttons

Hides "Download", "Clip", "Thanks" and "Promote" buttons on video. (special thanks to aubymori for the old version of the script)

< Feedback on Youtube - hide "Download, Clip and Thanks (including Promote)" buttons

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2023-10-29

This stopped working for me, but you can hide the buttons with either "AdBlock — best ad blocker" or "uBlock Origin"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/ymshdw/youtube_has_moved_the_save_button_to_a_submenu

How to do it for each...

AdBlock — best ad blocker > Customize > Manually edit your filters > Edit > (Paste) > Save
##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Share"]
##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Download"]
##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Clip"]
##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Thanks"]

uBlock Origin > My Filters > (Paste) > Apply Changes:
!Youtube Thanks
www.youtube.com##ytd-button-renderer>yt-button-shape>button[aria-label="Thanks"]:upward(ytd-button-renderer)
www.youtube.com##ytd-menu-service-item-renderer>tp-yt-paper-item>yt-formatted-string:has-text(Thanks):upward(ytd-menu-service-item-renderer)
!Youtube Download
www.youtube.com##.ytd-download-button-renderer.style-scope > yt-button-shape > .yt-spec-button-shape-next--icon-leading.yt-spec-button-shape-next--size-m.yt-spec-button-shape-next--mono.yt-spec-button-shape-next--tonal.yt-spec-button-shape-next
!Youtube Clip
www.youtube.com##ytd-button-renderer.ytd-menu-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(2)
!Youtube Promo box
www.youtube.com##ytd-popup-container > tp-yt-paper-dialog > ytd-mealbar-promo-renderer, ytd-popup-container > tp-yt-paper-dialog > yt-mealbar-promo-renderer:has-text(/Claim Offer|Join now|Not Now|YouTube TV|live TV|Live TV|movies|sports|Try it free|unlimited DVR|watch NFL/)
!Youtube Join
www.youtube.com##.yt-spec-button-shape-next--size-m.yt-spec-button-shape-next--mono.yt-spec-button-shape-next--outline.yt-spec-button-shape-next

§
Posted: 2023-11-02

Correction for uBlock origin filters.

I noticed it didn't hide the correct buttons for some videos. After some trial and error, I ended up with the below filters.

1. Make sure your YouTube interface language is set to English. When mine was in Hungarian the wrong buttons were hidden for some videos.

2. You can test if the filters work on "all" videos with these 3, I noticed different behaviour for all three of them when I was testing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3OqAN4ISOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZIwgdp2zU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo

3. The improved script:
! Remove YouTube buttons: Download, Clip and Thanks
! uBlock Origin > My Filters > (Paste) > Apply Changes:
! Make sure the Language is set to English on YouTube (Click your profile pic > Right side menu > Language: English)

! Youtube Thanks
www.youtube.com##ytd-button-renderer>yt-button-shape>button:is([aria-label="Thanks"]):upward(ytd-button-renderer)
www.youtube.com##ytd-menu-service-item-renderer>tp-yt-paper-item>yt-formatted-string:is([aria-label="Thanks"]):upward(ytd-menu-service-item-renderer)

! Youtube Download
www.youtube.com##.ytd-download-button-renderer.style-scope > yt-button-shape > .yt-spec-button-shape-next--icon-leading.yt-spec-button-shape-next--size-m.yt-spec-button-shape-next--mono.yt-spec-button-shape-next--tonal.yt-spec-button-shape-next

! Youtube Clip
www.youtube.com###flexible-item-buttons > ytd-button-renderer.ytd-menu-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(1):is([aria-label="Clip"])
www.youtube.com##ytd-button-renderer.ytd-menu-renderer.style-scope:has-text(Clip)
www.youtube.com##ytd-button-renderer.ytd-menu-renderer.style-scope[aria-label="Clip"]

! Youtube Promo box
www.youtube.com##ytd-popup-container > tp-yt-paper-dialog > ytd-mealbar-promo-renderer, ytd-popup-container > tp-yt-paper-dialog > yt-mealbar-promo-renderer:has-text(/Claim Offer|Join now|Not Now|YouTube TV|live TV|Live TV|movies|sports|Try it free|unlimited DVR|watch NFL/)

! Youtube Join
www.youtube.com##.yt-spec-button-shape-next--size-m.yt-spec-button-shape-next--mono.yt-spec-button-shape-next--outline.yt-spec-button-shape-next

§
Posted: 2023-11-02

Oh my god...

I just noticed that the filters for AdBlock work for uBlock too, it's just 4 lines...

www.youtube.com##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Share"]
www.youtube.com##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Download"]
www.youtube.com##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Clip"]
www.youtube.com##yt-button-shape > button[aria-label="Thanks"]

Sign in to post a reply.