Greasy Fork is available in English.

Tabview Youtube

Make comments and lists into tabs for YouTube Videos

< Feedback on Tabview Youtube

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021-07-27
Edited: 2021-07-27

Very nice script. I hope you get to manage completely Youtube page loading.

I don't know if this may help or not at all but, before discovering your script on a Stackoverlow question, I had a sidebar version of Youtube (not theater mode though) working with this combination:

• Comments Sidebar for Youtube extension installed.

• A tiny userscript with the following code (to trigger comments section):

window.onload = setTimeout(function() { window.dispatchEvent(new Event("scroll")); }, 1500);

Which I found in your answer to that Stackoverflow post.

• A small css change in Stylish to fix the sidebar header on the top and modify colors to my taste.

I mention this just to let you know about that extension, in case its code may help you in some way.

I'll be tuned to your script progress anyway. And congrats for all that work coding. It looks very good.

§
Posted: 2021-07-28

Thank you!

For this script "TabView Youtube", I think the script is now okay to use.

However I still do not know the mechanism how to check whether the comments are avaliable, loaded, failed to load, etc.

If it is disabled, no changes in #comments. No error message cannot be found.

Sometimes #comments will turn visible but the result of loading is "The comment section is disabled".

From your github repository record, it seems that you have created the extension since April 2019.

Would you like to let me know that to what extent the Youtube's coding / css / api was changed? I am afraid of updating the script frequently :(

§
Posted: 2021-07-29

I wish it was my extension, but my knowledge of js programming is very very limited. I just found it in Chrome Store and thought that it might be useful for you to check it. Sorry for not mentioning.

§
Posted: 2021-07-29

BTW, is there a way to force your script to open directly to "info" tab (instead of "related video"?

I have re-tested it, and you're right: comments are loading correctly to me.

§
Posted: 2021-08-01
BTW, is there a way to force your script to open directly to "info" tab (instead of "related video"?

I have re-tested it, and you're right: comments are loading correctly to me.

Currently no this feature. Sorry.

Sign in to post a reply.