Text Highlighter - Dynamic

Highlights User-defined Text

< 腳本Text Highlighter - Dynamic的回應

評論:正評 - 腳本一切正常

§
發表於:2015-04-27
編輯:2015-04-29

Works fine, nothing strange at all

The specified text is found and highlighted, but the text is broken onto a second line. So, for a string "word1 word2 word3" all together on one line, where I'm searching for and highlighting "word2 word3", I wind up with "word1" and on a new line "word2 word3" (properly highlighted). I can't really see why it's being sent to a new line. Any clues? Thanks.

Edit: changed title from 'Seems to work, but with a "strange effect"' to 'Works fine, nothing strange at all' (unless you count the website code as "strange").

§
發表於:2015-04-28

Could you give an example of a page where you have this problem? I can't seem to replicate it.

For example, on this page, if I enter

second line

I don't get a line break before the phrase.

It could be that the problem site has special handling of <span> elements so that the new tags injected by the script are being styled in an unexpected manner. You can see the injected tags in this example:

BEFORE:

the text is broken onto a second line.

AFTER:

the text is broken onto a second line.

§

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

The LAST POST column - I want to highlight "minutes ago" (which this time of day may not occur all the time) as an eye-catcher for very recent posts.

§

OK - found it: the site has a display:block; for that element; I just added a little CSS to change that for the inserted span. (Changing my 'No rating' to a 'Good' as well)

Thanks.

§
發表於:2015-09-07
編輯:2015-10-12

Hopefully this issue has been addressed in the next release. See: https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/6045/new-beta-version-available-for-testing

Update (Oct. 11, 2015): To avoid disrupting users of this version of the script, I decided to move the beta code over to a new script. That is: Text Highlight and Seek.

發表回覆

登入以回復