Disney+ Audio Downloader

Download audio from Disney+

< Feedback on Disney+ Audio Downloader

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 19-07-2022
Edited: 19-07-2022

On a specific episode that I've tried downloading the English audio track for (Owl House Season 2 Episode 11) it will repeatedly try to download the English Audio Description instead, as in:
- it continuously pops up new download windows. hitting enter on one seems to trigger the next, it will stack maybe up to 5 at a time.
- the downloaded file is empty (0 bytes), named after the audio description ("The Owl House - S2E11 Follies At The Coven Day Parade.en.ad") and Firefox says it fails.

I tried downloading a couple other language tracks for the same episode and they worked fine.

For some reason (on other episodes), it will download properly, but the percentage indicator will be on the element above the one I clicked to download, so it will look like I'm downloading the German track (or whatever language is there) instead of the English one.

§
Edited: 19-07-2022

For that one episode (https://www.disneyplus.com/video/1c21359c-5ad3-41e7-b32c-b22ac8f4a7da), I did more testing, but using Chrome this time. It behaves exactly the same as far as I can tell:

- I turned debug mode on, and it outputs messages saying that its downloading the English tracks and not the English AD tracks

- It seems to request an infinite number of downloads for that AD track (at the very least it downloads more broken copies of the AD than there are *.mp4a chunks listed for the episode in the m3u file, of which there's 176... and yes, I am an idiot that clicked through over 200 download windows to test this).

- I noticed that it downloaded the English Audio Description track first, which *did* actually complete properly. I played the file and confirmed that there's audio description in it - it's not just a mislabeled plain English track.

(and yes I am running v1.9 the latest version)

§

I tried downgrading to v1.6 and it downloaded the vanilla English audio track for that episode properly.

Đăng nhập để bình luận